Puig, Baez, Punto, Scully & Piazza

What are your reasons to believe?

I’ll keep doing this as long as you post.

Who is the guy sitting by Tommy?

dodgertown0023

31 Responses to “Puig, Baez, Punto, Scully & Piazza”

1. the truth hurts says:

I believe because we have the pitching.

I beleive because Vin came back.

I beleive because all us LAdodgertalk crazies deserve it.

I beleive in the new owners.

I believe Kemp heals and leads this team.

2. the truth hurts says:

Believe OR beleive, whatever. Edit button.

3. Pete M. says:

In case anyone gives a sheit…

I before E except after C…

Truth I gotcha covered and like your takes…

4. Bobbie17 says:

Beat the Giants today. I don’t care who or how, just beat them. It’s important to start this early and often.

5. Cal says:

Mark,

These Dodger fans won’t be the same without you. Yours is the best Dodger blog by far. Do you really bleed blue? If so, bleed it until you bleed no more!

6. HemmorhoidRage says:

Hang in there Mark, Maybe you can maintain the site without having to put so much effort into it, just a small post here and there. Then if you feel the urge you can go ape shi’ite when the mood strikes you. I know what is going to happen as the season progresses and the Dodgers start soaring, you are going to have some of that passion return and wish you had kept the site going, so you could get something off your chest or revel in the excitement. It’s up to you obviously, do what you need to do, just don’t cut off your nose to spite your face. Haste makes waste, so I am told.

7. Kevin says:

Hasn’t mark been threatening to kill this site for awhile now? Ill believe it when I see it. Me thinks he just likes the attention.

8. Quasimodo says:

Bottom of the 9th, tie score! c’mon Dodgers!

9. KEN says:

Dodger pitchers only gave up 3 HRs today. Moving forward!

Too many pitchers just throwing strikes until 3/1. I only watch the pitchers until 3/15. That is how you can spot the next Belisario turning heads. After 3/15 the batters better light it up.

10. KEN says:

Good post Mark. More than we should need during ST. :)

11. Rob says:

Just get rid of uribe and I will be happy. As a baseball player he is currently horrible no matter how nice the guy is.

12. Gonzo says:

I get the feeling that this time Mark means it. In any case I did some research and found a FREE online hosting forum: http://www.proboards.com/

If someone that is tech savy and has time to set things up…just in case, give us a holler here.

I have no plans to shut this down down right now as long as you want to post. I\’ll start new threads as needed. That\’s not a problem.

Observation: Beckett looks to be in great shape.

Good man Mark. Now come to a game in LA and I got drinks.

Mark, did you e-mail what’s his name, at what’s the place, with the pool tables and all — that we will not be there this year!!!!

They do make great sandwiches.

I am off to a photography conference in Jacksonville early in the morning. Nature and landscape world-class photographers attending. Back Sunday night — if the airplanes are flying.

Are not Castellanos & Schumaker like the same kind of player and even person?

Both were from the Cardinals, both are about 5 feet 10 inches tall. Both weigh about 195, both play some infield and outfield, including centerfield.

The real difference is that Schumaker has 8 seasons in the majors.

16. Rob says:

Beckett has a chip on his shoulder and will pitch strong this year

I thought the place with sandwiches and pool tables was called The Gym. The guy sitting with Tommy was a guest writer in here for a few weeks before going on to bigger things.

Bill Russell, you are right on . . . The Gym is it.

The guys that started it back in 2009, said, guy can tell their women, “Hey, I am going to the gym . . . but back later.” And they would think the guy went to work out, but in reality . . . to party.

I purchased that MLB.TV premium package. It goes for $129 (I paid $124 because I’m cool like that).

The feed is actually really good; great clear video. I watched our game the other day. If you’re out of LA, or travel a lot like I do, it’s probably well worth it for this upcoming season.

20. Gonzo says:

Well, who is that guy next to Tommy? Do we have a real 2B yet?

I guessing at Tony Jackson is next to Tommy.

22. Bobbie17 says:

Blue should have put the Giants away yesterday. These games are symbolic, at least. I hope this team doesn’t care like all the others. Our manager should have made sure that the Giants game was a W. He did not. Here we go again. Mattingly doesn’t get it. Beating the Giants starts NOW.

• Bobby says:

I really hope you’re joking.

We had a 4 run lead in the 9th inning, and a nobody pitcher for us got beat up by some nobody hitters of the Giants. High probability none of those hitters face us when it matters, and that pitcher who got lit up isn’t on the team when it matters.

This is spring training. NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY, worries about winning these games this early. If you do, you need to find a hobby, or get a dog, or maybe try eharmony.com

I am on the road – Hotel in Jacksonville – just turned on (or into) MLB.TV on the computer — and watching the Baltimore vs. Yankee game. Great reception.

Can get the Dodger game later on radio and if on TV, that way.

• the truth hurts says:

Roger, you could have just stayed at my house!

I am actually on the road as well in West Palm about 3 hours south. Will be home in Jax on Friday though. Enjoy your stay!

Really wish the Dodgers were still in Vero. That would have been to good to be true.

B17, beating the Giants in games ONLY starts when the REAL season starts. NOT NOW!!!!! I don’t have the boxscore in front of me, but if I recall correctly, the guys out of the pen who lost the lead for the Dodgers are not guys who will even be on the team when the real season begins. For crying out loud, it’s only FEBRUARY. The job of the manager is to get the team ready, gradually, for the start of the season. Kemp’s not playing yet, Crawford’s not playing yet, and the regulars are only around for a limited number of innings in each game. The real season begins on or about April 1st. That’s when it counts, and that’s the only time you need to worry about.

But I guess you would rather see a player who isn’t quite ready playing more and harder than they should at this time, because you perceive it’s important that the Dodgers beat the Giants in a bunch of meaningless games (i.e., meaningless with respect to final score, but not meaningless with respect to getting the players ready for the season, and as a showcase to look at as many people as possible before bell rings, and the games get serious).

25. Rob says:

Puig is scorching the ball today!

Bobby,

You said it better than I did.

1. [...] debut on Monday, developed a new delivery from the stretch with Sandy Koufax. more… Puig, Baez, Punto, Scully & Piazza – ladodgertalk.com 02/26/2013 What are your reasons to believe? I’ll keep doing this as [...]