Categorized | Press Releases

Dodger Fanfest Tomorrow

__dodgers_logoWHAT:           The Dodgers will hold their first offseason FanFest presented by State Farm tomorrow, January 26. The free event will be held at Dodger Stadium in Lot 6 from 11:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. and will feature appearances and autographs with Luis Cruz, A.J. Ellis, Mark Ellis, Andre Ethier, Tim Federowicz, Zack Greinke, Javy Guerra, Matt Guerrier, Kenley Jansen, Matt Kemp, Tommy Lasorda, Brandon League, Don Mattingly, Mark McGwire, Nick Punto, Hyun-Jin Ryu, Shawn Tolleson, Tim Wallach and Fernando Valenzuela.

In addition to player autographs, FanFest features on-stage interviews and entertainment, a kids zone, interactive games, memorabilia, Dodger merchandise with 20% discount, and food featuring Dodger Dogs and 20 local food trucks to satisfy any fan’s taste.

Hall of Fame broadcasters Vin Scully and Jaime Jarrín, Dodger General Manager Ned Colletti, Dodger broadcaster Charley Steiner, Dodger Spanish-language broadcaster Pepe Yñiguez, Dodger public address announcer Eric Smith, Dodger organist Nancy Bea Hefley and players will interact with fans from on stage. Dodger broadcaster Jorge Jarrín will serve as emcee along with KCAL’s Gary Miller, PRIME TICKET’s Steve Lyons, Jim Watson, Courtney Jones and AM 570 Fox Sports LA’s David Vassegh and Kevin Kennedy.

Dodger alumni Ron Cey, Al “The Bull” Ferrara, “Sweet” Lou Johnson, Lee Lacy, Kenny Landreaux, Paul Lo Duca, Tim Leary, Dennis Powell, Bill Russell and Derrel Thomas will meet and welcome fans throughout the festival and also sign autographs in the Dodger Community Relations booth.

FanFest will open at 11:00 a.m. for the general public and at 10:30 a.m. for Dodger season ticket holders with their MVP cards.

WHEN:           Tomorrow,  January 26

10:30 a.m.                               FanFest gates open for Dodger season ticket holders

11:00 a.m.                               FanFest gates open for all Dodger fans

11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.        Andre Ethier, Zack Greinke, Mark McGwire, Nick Punto and Tim Wallach autograph session

12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.          Mark Ellis, Javy Guerra, Matt Kemp, Don Mattingly, Hyun-Jin Ryu and Shawn Tolleson autograph session

1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.            A.J. Ellis, Tim Federowicz, Zack Greinke, Matt Guerrier, Mark McGwire, Nick Punto, Tim Wallach and Fernando Valenzuela autograph session

2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.            Luis Cruz, Mark Ellis, Javy Guerra, Kenley Jansen, Matt Kemp, Brandon League, Hyun-Jin Ryu and Shawn Tolleson autograph session

3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.            A.J. Ellis, Tim Federowicz, Matt Guerrier and Tommy Lasorda autograph session

4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.            Luis Cruz, Kenley Jansen and Brandon League autograph session

Single-game tickets for the Dodgers’ 2013 regular season also go on sale tomorrow at 10:00 a.m. Fans will have the opportunity to purchase regular season single game tickets for all 81 home games including Angels, Yankees and Red Sox games at Dodger Stadium and on dodgers.com. A limited number of Opening Day tickets will be available.

The best way for fans to collect 2013 promotions, purchase Opening Day tickets and secure Interleague matchups against the Yankees, Red Sox and Angels is to purchase season tickets. Season ticket options, one of the best values in Los Angeles and all of sports, start as low as $6 per ticket. Mini plan pricing starts at $11. Fans interested in purchasing season tickets and mini plans on January 26 can meet season ticket sales representatives at 7 a.m. to get a tour of season ticket and mini plan locations for the 2013 season. Complete details can be found by visiting www.dodgers.com/tickets.

luminor-uv

30 Responses to “Dodger Fanfest Tomorrow”

1. Gonzo says:

Tony Abreu was axed by the royals. Could he help out or just be another Cruz???

Paul Lo Duca? After the way we treated him?

Jingle the money, and some come running.

Give two Dodgerdogs for the price of one, and they probably fill up the place.

Already time for a new thread?

Maybe I should say something controversial just to light it up.

5. HemmorhoidRage says:

Now that would surprise everyone, lol

People who hardly ever have anything to offer will come out of the weeds when you say things that challenge their biases.

Free the truth about Aaron Swartz.

Driving down to South Padre Island, TX, leaving in a few minutes; for about 5 days. Right near the boarder to Mexico. Will check if there are any players worth signing.

Let’s see. Must be 16 years old. That puts them in the bottom level of bonus — 24.3 million. Do you want one, two, or three names?

8. Pete M. says:

Weather is looking moldy here, but I think FanFest is still a go!!! Hoping to catch a glimpse of new scoreboard and chat with a few friends. Autographs have never been my thing and a handshake and a ‘go get em’ sorks for me!!! Have had some great chats with Sweet Lou Johnson and in the last couple years Darrel Thomas, one of my favorite utility guys I ever saw step on a feild…What’s cool is he’s quite with the utility handle…
    El Tepeyac has won my post Fest meal spot…

9. Tejon says:

Boring time of year.

Fanfest?

Anybody see the section concerning CTE on Up With Chris Hayes this morning? Very enlightening. Smartest show on tv. I feel like my i.q. goes up several points just by watching it. Doesn’t last though. I go from that to ESPN and get dumbed down again

They are playing baseball on South Padre Island this time of year?

Pete M,

I am with you. I am going to check out the stadium construction and get out of the house with the kids. I am not an autograph guy either though I did buy my daughters MLB baseballs to get signed. They can keep the balls I just want to get pictures of them next to some of my favorite guys. Plus hear Vinny’s voice and Nancy Bea playing the organ in January? Heck yeah.

El Tepeyac sounds awesome! Have a Manny special for me! LOL

Lastly, I dig the new slogan: “A Whole New Blue!”
    It’s a new era of Dodger Baseball. These guys are all in. For better or worse, I love it. They are doing everything they said they would. Top to bottom. Improve the product on the field, improve the stadium, sign top free agents, expand the scouting dept. & now giving the fans more to be excited about. I’m in.

Peace boys

Got your MVP card Romey?

12. HemmorhoidRage says:

Boy, you got that right! I also find that biases are usually caused by upbringing or simple not really honestly evaluating the things they hear and/or read.

13. SpokaneBob says:

I believe that the Dodgers will open the season with the best posible line up. That line up will be determined by what happens during spring training. Uribe, Gordon and Cruz are all in play and there is the posibility of a trade. We will just have to see how it all plays out.

I am always glad to see the Superbowl come and go because that leads us right into spring camp. I can’t wait.

14. Bball says:

Dromo. How long u been in line. I think fanfest will be over before I ever get in. No scoreboard or anything even up. I’m on a mission to get autographs for my sons dodger room. I think a signed framed jersey will look pretty damn awesome. Have a good time guys

15. quasimodo says:

Speaking of baseball elsewhere, fallowing James Michener’s novel ‘Poland’ (XLNT read), Musial and Michener became great friends and Stan the Man did some promoting for little league baseball in Poland. With me remembering all this, and with Stan’s recent death, I did a search ‘Polish baseball’ and found a story of a complete team on a bus was arrested and all faced 1 to 8 years in prison for possession of baseball bats.(bats have been deemed as weapons in Poland) I couldn’t find how Polish courts dealt with this matter and thought i’d ask here if any of you know the outcome of this story that occured in 2009.

16. KEN says:

Nice to see Seager #7 as the first Top 10 propsect by position announced so far this winter. In hindsight, glad we did not trade for the other possibles that he has past by. No Top 10 pitchers? Logan still has a job?

A month ago I said Borass should blink and drop his price for Bourne. Now Bourne has lost his leverage and Identity.

• Tejon says:

The Top 10 changes every month.

Mets may still be in on Bourn. But he was offered 13.3 million from the Braves and turned it down. If he gets less he deserves it.

It would appear that, post steroid era, most think players past the age of 30 are risky. Stats support it too. Most stars look like they are peaking much earlier – like 23-28. Maybe at 30 Bourn is too old for a 5 year contract. Will he get it?

17. quasimodo says:

@KEN, no, if I’m recalling correctly it seems they were to play a team from another country the fallowing day. they had permits for the bats, but permission had expired the day prior and they had applied for permits 7 months prior to the occurence but hadn’t caught up to the team at that point. the arrests resulted in police injuring many of the team, two of them had their arms broken. I know this isn’t dodgertalk, not further than we have new scouts over there, but I trust opinions more from here than of elsewhere

• Tejon says:

Just google quasi – it’s all there. Doesn’t make a lot if sense, but they think differently in that part of the world.

As for scouts – in Poland? I’m sure they have bird dogs in all quadrants of the universe. But how much is there to scout?

18. quasimodo says:

Alls I can find is the story. Just wondered how their courts handled it. Gene Grimaldi heads scouting in europe. But I’d guess the other european countries may have kicked them out of europe after all this.

You’re right quas. One article on that Polish team thing and it was left dangling. Not sure the source is credible.

Pretty quiet. Ethier confident he isn’t going anywhere, and he’s probably right. All my trade ideas are falling flat. We start the year with no lead-off guy, questions at third and second, nobody in the top 25 in prospects, and according to Vegas are favorites to win the West. Must gonna do it with pitching and middle of the order hitting.

January… then February. Why? Can’t we just go from December to March? Cold weather just doesn’t work for me at all anymore. Never liked it really, now it’s just painful.

Pro Bowl? Why?

Lakers Thunder this afternoon. That could be as painful as winter.

I think bears have the right idea.

From a letter to the the Times:

“Really, Phil Mickelson? You claim you pay 63% of your income in taxes in California? This is why pro golfers don’t keep their own score.”

Classic.

Anybody else awake yet?

21. quasimodo says:

Morning Badger, I’m awake, but if the 2 poker tourneys i’ve played are an indication of the day I should go back to sleep. Are vegas long odds still at 7.5 to 1 Dodgers to win WS? Last year long odds were 40 to 1, I was feeling pretty good 1st. half of the season as I had $100 bet in. So I’m guessing winning the west pays less than even for 2013. I think we may be OK by the end of ST with leadoff. We’ll see.

22. Tejon says:

7 to 1 quas. We currently are the favorites in the NL.

1. [...] Dodger Fanfest Tomorrow WHAT:           The Dodgers will hold their first offseason FanFest presented by State Farm tomorrow, January 26. The free event will be held at Dodger Stadium in Lot 6 from 11:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. and will feature appearances and autographs with Luis Cruz, A.J. Ellis, Mark Ellis, Andre Ethier, Tim Federowicz, Zack Greinke, Javy Guerra, [...]… [...]

2. [...] The rest of the article can be found here: LADodgerTalk.com – Matt Kemp, Clayton Kershaw, Vin Scully, Andre Ethier and the Dodgers [...]