Under Ned Colletti, you don’t get much information from the Dodgers personnel about trades and/or free agents. Ned has his pokerface on and isn’t saying much except the usual soundbites. Smart. Very smart. Ned plays his cards close and must have everyone on notice that if there is a leak, the person who leaks info will be offed! I’m sure that’s what it is. Not much is happening at the winter meetings and I can’t get any Dodger people to return my calls or e-mails. Come to think of it, it wouldn’t either.
A few observations:
- The NL starting SS at the All-Star game in 2013 will be our own Hanley Ramirez! Write it down.
- Mike Petriello made a suggestion I really like. Trade Dee Gordon and a pitcher (Harang or Capuano or a prospect) for Kyle Seager. Seager would hit 30 HR in Dodger Stadium and could move to 2B when his brother makes the show. I like that deal a lot. That’s why Mike makes the big bucks!
- If the Dodgers can’t get Seager, then I want Mike Olt.
- Zach Greinke is going to the team that has the most money (Dodgers) and the team where he can have the best stats (Dodgers). LA is not a problem for him. Book it! He also like the NL better than the AL and the Dodgers will trump andy offer he gets.
- Randy Choate couldn’t get a deal in Florida where his daughters are, but St. Louis is closer to Florida than LA. Duhhhhh….
- Anibel Sanchez is likely headed to LA as well.
- Ryu is 50-50 – Ned won’t blink! It will go down to the wire.
- I still like Cody Ross as the 4th outfielder.
- I likes Sean Burnett a lot as a situational LH, but the price was too high and he went to the Angels.
- The Angels also get Joe Blanton – print the tickets!