Of course, the Dodgers will deny that they want to trade Andre Ethier. They say that they are not, but can’t stop offers from coming in. The Dodgers don’t want to alienate Andre, but you can bet your sweet bippy that they are trying to trade him. I can’t see the Dodgers really being interested in Nick Swisher, but I can see them interesting Michael Bourn. As I have already written, Michael Bourne would solve two problems:
- The Dodgers get a leadoff hitter; and
- Matt Kemp can move to RF where his body will be less stressed.
Those are both good things. Getting Michael Bourn while losing Andre Ethier, would not automatically make the Dodgers better, but it would, if they got value back in trade for Ethier. Oh, and they could up the ante and include a mix of players, like below:
A power hitting 3B or 2B would be on the short list. With the right package:
- Could the Dodgers get Adrian Beltre or Mike Olt? I know they could get Olt for Ethier even up!
- Could the Dodgers get
KevinWill Middlebrooks for a package of Ethier (re-united with his buddy, Dustin), Gordon, Capuano, Cruz and Belisario?
- Could the Dodgers get Kyle Seager for Ethier, Capuano, Lee and Cruz?
- Could the Dodgers get David Freese for Ethier, Capuano, Lee, Gordon, Cruz and Pederson?
- Could the Dodgers get Chase Headley for prospects that are acquired from a third team for Ethier, Gordon, Capuano, Lee, Pederson, Tolleston?
- Could the Dodgers get Ryan Zimmerman (the Nats Top Prospect is a 3B) for Ethier, Capuano, Gordon, Belisario and Lee?
I know one of those trades could be made.
Would the Dodgers be a better team with this lineup?
- Bourn CF
- Ellis/Schumaker 2B
- Kemp RF
- Gonzalez 1B
- Ramirez SS
- Zimmerman 3B
- Crawford LF
- Ellis C
UPDATE: I do not mean that the Dodgers would trade ALL of those players for a 3B. I am merely suggesting that a package of 2 or 3 players, depending upon the trade partners needs. For instance, if Ryan Zimmerman were the target, teh Nats might want Ethier, Beliasrio and Capuano while a team like the Padres might want Lee, Gordon, Pederson or others. Also, these are just trade suggestions, so don’t get your panties in a bunch. I did make a mistake in calling Will Middlebrooks “Kevin.” Then some moron says “If a so-called blogger doesn’t know the name of a pro baseball player like Will Middlebrooks and calls him Kevin. Then I just cannot respect what he has to say.” It must be nice to be perfect and never make mistakes. That is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. I guarantee EVERY blogger and writer makes those kinds of mistakes. I don’t respect morons.