Ready, set, go! The Winter Meetings are officially on. If you have never been to Opryland Hotel in Nashville, you need to put that on your bucket list. If it’s not the largest hotel in the world, then it has to be in the TOP 2. It is awesome. Just hanging out there could result in seeing any number of celebrities or baseball personnel.
That said, I believe that the Dodgers would like to obtain a 3B, whether it be at the Winter Meetings or before Spring Training. With David Wright officially off the market, the pickings for 3B are slim, but interesting.
Chase Haedley – Headley is my choice, but San Diego would be loathe to trade with the Dodgers and even if they were to trade him, they would want way too much …. although I would consider it.
Eric Chavez – He might be perfect in a platoon with Luis Cruz, especially if Cruz can continue what he started. Who knows?
Kevin Youkilis – I would be tempted to give him a 3 year/$27 mil deal. Can he get more somewhere else? Something tells me Youk will be back and have a good year. He’s a pro.
Other Stuff to Chew on:
- It’s interesting that Major League Trade Rumors has listed their TOP 50 Free Agents and predictions of where they will sign. How do that do? Let me just say that if they were batting, their average would be below .100!
- Here’s an idea for a 4th outfielder – Ichiro!!! He can play all 3 positions, is a good runner, skilled hitter and may be willing to take a secondary role at 40 to win a championship.
- Rich Harden and Brandon Webb plan comebacks in 2013 – Any interest?
- It won’t be this year, but the Dodgers will be the first team to exceed $300 million in payroll.
- Now the 49′ers have a real QB controversy!
- With the worst record in football last year, the Colts now have an 8-4 record. A lot of people claim that it is just Luck. OK…
- Notre Dame and Alabama for the National Championship. One team will win by 3 points or less.