Will Dee Gordon be traded? It’s no longer a question of if, but rather when and where? Dee Gordon will be traded – that’s a given. This winter, he is hitting .328 with an OB% of .403 and has 7 SB’s. Let’s hope they overlook his 8 errors in 15 games. That extrapolates to 88 errors in a 162 game season. Yikes! Will he go to Tampa Bay in a trade for James Shields or the Mets in a trade for RA Dickey (knuckleballers scare me more than clowns)?
The Dodgers under Ned Colletti play their cards very close to their vests, so it would not surprise me if the Dodgers make a move that no one expects right out of the blue – WHAM! WOW! WHO KNEW? Watch and see. It will be sooner than later!
Ramblings of a Lunatic
- If I were the Dodgers I would not sign Zach Greinke or Hiroki Kuroda or any player that will cost them their first round draft pick. If they truly want to rebuild that farms system, they need this years draft pick which will probably be the highest one they will get for a while. They need to build for now and for the future. Just say no to any free agents that cost us draft picks.
- John Valentin is reported to be the assistant hitting instructor, but that has not been announced by the Dodgers. Why and Why? Is McGwire on board with this? If Mark McGwire is “Big Mac” is John Valentin “Quarter Pounder, with cheese?”
- Will Big Mac tell Donnie that he won’t manage if Donnie doesn’t coach the hitters? INTERESTING CONVERSATION….
- Aaron Harang and/or Chris Capuano could be very valuable trade chips.
- How about Scott Hairston as the 4th outfielder? Cheaper than Ross and maybe as productive?
- I would not expect the Dodgers to release Juan Uribe at least until the end of Spring Training. Maybe Big Mac can “fix” him? I’m sure he would like the challenge.
- Don’t think the Dodgers have an unlimited payroll and even if they did, don’t think that is the difference between winning and losing. The A’s won 94 games with a payroll of $53 million last year while the Yankees won 95 games with a payroll of $210 million. To spend $157 million more and still fail to make the World Series is what I fear. Boy, how dumb does that make you look? I mean, you spend that much and win one more game than a team with a payroll 1/4 of yours. I would be so ashamed.
- Will Andre Ethier really be traded? I doubt it – Big Mac would relish the challenge of fixing him against LH pitchers.
UPDATE: I posted last week that Greinke and Sanchez would not require draft picks and then due to massive brain disease (what else could it be?), I forgot. They do not require draft picks because they were traded during the season. That’s a new rule in the collective bargaining agreement.