With Crawford in LF, Kemp in CF, Ethier in RF, Ramirez at SS, Adrian Gonzalez at 1B and AJ Ellis behind the plate, the Dodgers are very set at six positions. Even though Hanley Ramirez is listed as a 3B – HE IS NOT PLAYING 3B in the DWL. In fact, he is not playing the field. He is DH’ing.
So, with the Dodgers set at six positions, they still need three (count ‘em 3) players. Here they are:
- Even Ray Charles can see that first on the list is a Top-of-the-Rotation Starter, like… Zach Greinke. OK, done deal!
- The Dodgers need a 3B who can hit for power or be a top-of-the-lineup hitter. Do you really think Luis Cruz is the answer?
- The Dodgers need a 2B who can hit for power or be a top-of-the-lineup hitter. I love Mark Ellis, but…
After Greinke (or a bonafide #2), where do the Dodgers find a 2B and 3B?
I still like Mike Olt, David Wright, Chase Headley and others at 3B and at 2B I like Kelly Johnson, Daniel Murphy and Ian Kinsler. I don’t know how you get any of those guys and maybe all the Dodgers need is to fill the gap at 3B.
How about Zach Lee, Dee Gordon, Chris Reed, Matt Magill and Joc Pederson for Chase Headley? I know that’s a lot but Headley is a nice player.
Lineup: (I like Ramirez at leadoff)
- Ramirez SS
- Crawford LF
- Kemp CF
- Gonzalez 1B
- Headley 3B
- Ethier RF
- Ellis 2B
- Ellis C
Maybe Castellanos and Gwynn, Jr. could be the extra outfielders. I wonder if Big Mac could be the key to these guys.
- Russell Martin signs with the Pirates. I get that. He was really into the night-life in Pittsburgh when he was with the Dodgers. I saw that first hand.
- Ramirez is not playing 3B in the DWL. Did I mention that?
- A deal will not be reached with FOX anytime soon. $10 Billion I say!
- Did Monte Kiffin just realize that his son is an A-Hole? What took hm so long?