Champs or Chumps. The 2013 version of the Dodgers could win 105 games or lose 85 games. Which team will show up? There are lots of questions (at least 25). Here’s a few:
- Will Carl Crawford be able to come back and be the player he was 4-5 years ago or will be be the player he was in Boston?
- Will Hanley Ramirez be a team player and return to his pre-2011 form or become an anchor?
- And, while we are talking about him, would he be willing to move to 3B IF it becomes clear that it is in the best interests of the Dodgers?
- Will Adrian Gonzalez regain the swing he says he lost?
- Will Matt Kemp be healthy after surgery and regain his MVP form or regress to what happened after he ran into the wall?
- Will Chad Billingsley pitch next year or need surgery?
- Will Ted Lilly recover and resume where he left off last year or flop?
- Will Luis Cruz hit like he did in 2012 or like he did before that?
- Will Dee Gordon realize his potential or will he be traded?
- Will Andre Ethier ever figure out how to hit lefties just a little bit?
- Will Clayton be healthy and continue as the best pitcher in the NL?
- Will Kenley Jansen recover from his heart procedure?
- Will Brandon League re-sign with the Dodgers and pitch like he did at the end of the season, or will he pitch like he did before the trade?
- Will Josh Beckett pitch like he did after THE TRADE or will be revert back to being a buffoon like he was in Boston?
- Can Tim Federowicz be the backup catcher?
- Are any young players ready for the next level (Castellanos, Fed-Ex, Van Slyke, Ames, Silverio, Puig or Pederson)?
- Will Matt Guerrier return to health and form?
- Will Scott Elbert recover from surgery and be the LH in the Dodgers pen?
- Can Paco Rodriguez be ready to be a LH reliever for the Dodgers?
- Can Jerry Hariston, Jr. recover from his surgery and be a significant utility man next season?
- Can Ronald Belisario put two good seasons up back-to-back (he never has)?
- Is AJ Ellis the real deal at Catcher or a flash-in-the-pan?
- Does Mark Ellis have another good year left in him and can he hit RH pitching at all?
- Can Aaron Harang and Chris Capuano be counted on for another 380+ pretty good innings?
- Who will be the Dodgers hitting coach and can he make a difference?
There is it: Lot’s of questions. Not many answers! Dodger fans could be in for one hell of a ride or the could be on the ridge to hell!
I don’t know which it will be. This team is going to be hard to predict. For the record, I am a Dee Gordon fan, but I don’t think there is any way Hanley will go to 3B and be a good Hanley, so Dee is trade bait and he should bring a lot. I still thank Tampa Bay is a logical destination in a deal for Sheilds and/or Price.
I have lots of hope, but there are lots of questions. It should be interesting to see how the dominoes fall.