Categorized | David Caldwell

Turn the Page

September could not have come soon enough.

August was a disaster, 14-14.

We can’t play any worse then we are right now, can we?

This crap on the field right now is just that, crap!

Embarrassing, Humiliating!

Kemp looks like he is dazed, confused and has no clue where he is.

Someone needs to be the leader on this team!

However:

I would rather finish hot than cold, keep the faith!

September could be just what the doctor ordered!

32 Responses to “Turn the Page”

1. mica says:

Wow. Where to start? Why didn’t Donnie have Hanley steal second in the 11th? You have a team that struggles to score runs and there he was being passive again. Did anyone see the blank, emotionless faces of Kemp and Gonzalez prior to Cruz’s single? No one cheering in the dugout. Its like they’re resigned to their fate. This team is lifeless and moribund…like a rotting seal carcass on the shoreline. Again, Kemp shows no power and isn’t driving the ball like days of old. Something isn’t right with team. They have a meeting last night and come out flat again! This should have been a statement game but was just an epic fail.

2. Rob says:

Especially steal against a guy who get ran on successfully all the time. That’s a player/ managerial loss for the boys in blue!

Hit and run, small ball tactics, are not practiced that often in the American League.

“We can’t play any worse then we are right now, can we?”

I think it’s possible. I wouldn’t sell this team long.

The hottest teams in MLB right now? The Oakland A’s and the San Diego Padres.

Yep. Los Angeles. Where bats come to die.

I am not giving up yet. I still think this team has a streak in them.

Everyone on this board is right; we look pathetic lately

I was only able to watch one inning last night and it was the inning that Matt walked, swiped second and then dupped Upton into not throwing to 3rd as he tagged and went to third. He scored the the 3rd run to tie the score on Andres dunker. Just by watching that inning, it didn’t look like Matt was dazed but maybe you had to watch the whole game. I echo the words of Badger “Los Angeles, Where bats come to die.” What the hell is going on here? Donnie had the kids playing great at the beginning of the year and now no offense (Nothing). In fact, most balls are not even getting hit hard. How can every pitcher we face turn into Cy Young for just that night? I’m not giving up either but something needs to get started soon because it’s getting late. Maybe Dee Gordon can provide a spark? or not…………..

Ramirez is getting it done with 34 RBI’s in 35 games. AGon has a gone quiet, hitting .207 with us. He hasn’t been here long, so, I still have hope he will settle in. Ethier, to me, just appears to be missing, but he is actually hitting ok – .294 in July, .284 in August.

We just need some clutch hitting to start happening. I still believe these guys in the middle of our lineup are all good hitters. It’ll come together.

Skaggs going today. I saw him in ST and the wow factor was near off the charts. All he needs to do is locate and he will be very successful. Hope he has trouble with that tonight.

14-14? It sure looked and felt worse than that.

Starting pitcher goes 5 innings again. Still no long reliever on the roster. Arrogance and stupidity on the part of NED!

The only Dodger streak that is going to happen is when the players are naked in the shower.

Can’t wait for the tired AAA players to arrive and add a spark to the overpaid underachievers.

New method of creating a batting order

Donnie picks the 8 players that he wants to start the game.

Those 8 players write down their batting averages for the last 7 games.

The pitcher then lists the players in descending order of their batting averages.

The result could not be any worse that what is happening as the “players manager” does nothing of consequence to stir the pot.

Ethier .370
    Kemp .313
    Ellis M. .304
    Ellis AJ. .286
    Victorino .280
    Cruz .269
    Gonzalez .207
    Rameriz .147

Pull names out of hat.

We WILL put together a streak. It’s Destiny’s Dodger time again!

Can’t believe I just said that.

9. Bobbie17 says:

This manager has been over his head from the beginning. He cannot manage this team in this spotlight. The spotlight is even brighter now than 10 days ago. He should be a bench/base coach, or in Kansas City/Seattle/Houston/Tampa. Not in LA.
    He might know baseball, but that isn’t enough to manage these lifeless snooks. I saw them in ST, and the core group always has a sense of entitlement about them. Never a sense of urgency. Every game should be played with urgency. The small ballers at the start of the year are gone. Now we have THE STARS. Can they turn it on? It ain’t that easy, or else everyone would be doing it. I say **********to BIG MONEY!

I wasn’t sure what a snook was, so I looked it up:

“The common snook (Centropomus undecimalis) is a species of marine fish in the family Centropomidae of the order Perciformes. This species is native to the coastal waters of the western Atlantic Ocean and Caribbean Sea, from southern Florida and Texas[1] to Rio de Janeiro in Brazil.”

So, if I hear you right, you are saying there is something fishy about this team. OK, I guess I get that. They should be playing better than they are. So, do you think maybe they are tanking on purpose?

10. Rob says:

Well the west is getting out of reach so let’s focus on the wild card. We play three against the cardinals during the middle of September and I don’t think the pirates are ready yet. I we get healthy we can do this!

He can’t manage dead fish. Well no one can but I get the point. I’m not sure it’s all Donnies fault but something has to change even if it’s the hitting coach. Come on Ned, make a head roll or a snook float.

Floating snooks. It reeks man. But, skim ‘em up and throw ‘em in the garden. Gotta help with adding some minerals to the soil.

Full day of college football. Haven’t thought about the Dodgers for a couple of hours now. Game is on local t.v. so I reckon I’ll check in on the snooks. Also got SC on tonight. Life is good.

From over there ——————->

“Convincing someone of Victorino’s caliber to sign up for a non-everyday role, however, will be challenging.”

you mean someone who hits .246 with a .301 OBP – his numbers with us? Oh…..I think it wouldn’t be too hard to find someone who can do that. Matter of fact, we currently have him at Albuquerque. And some would rather see him in there now than that dude.

In my mind, there is just something not right with Shane Victorino in a Dodger uniform.

ok back to the Nebraska game. I almost played there back in ’70. They came to talk to me at the JC I was playing at and changed their minds when they saw I wasn’t as big as the program had me. I don’t hold it against them, the self righteous bastards. They said I could walk on and possibly make some special teams. I said if I was going take that kind of beating I wanted a scholarship. They left and were never heard from again.

OK, enough about me. We can talk more about me later.

I think I smell snook.

12. Bball says:

Badger on victorino. I feel the same way. I was gonna mention something of that nature last night but didn’t. Now knowing he’s replaced next year I see him as a guy that wants the dodgers to fail and is a cancer, and to be honest can you blame him. He says he wants to stay in LA and the dodgers go get Crawford. I think I’d be kinda butt hurt too

Actually it’s a FOUR game series with the Cardinals.

I’ll just hope the Dodgers win. No sense in trying to predict if these guys will suddenly catch fire. No way to know. Those things just happen, or don’t.

Simple solution. We beat the Giants in the six games we have remaining against them, and take all four from the Cardinals. Then we win most of the other games. Really, it’s simple. And I must be eating too many snooks.

I would love to have Victorino as the 4th outfielder next year. What you see this year isn’t necessarily what you would see next year. He’s just in the midst of a bad season, and maybe just needs some time away to get himself back together. Would he sign as a 4th outfielder? Maybe. But not likely. And I don’t see him as any kind of cancer. He’s a professional, understands it’s a business, and is in all likelihood, playing for a contract next year, be it with the Dodgers or elsewhere.

FINALLY A LONG RELIEVER – GO ELY!!!!!!

Let FEDEX play – Rest Treanor

Amend the CBA

If a player earns $10 million per year and is batting less than .200 they must bat 8th in the order.

If a player earns $10 million per year and is batting less than .150 they must bat 9th in the order.

If the player complains then they will be suspended without pay.

It is time for the Big Money/Big Ego players to pull their weight.

If you do not do your job you should be benched or fired.

Since Kemp does not hit for power any more –

1. Kemp
    2. Ellis M
    3. Ethier
    4. Rameriz
    5. Gonzalez
    6. Cruz
    7. Ellis AJ
    8. Victorino

Can’t do any worse with this lineup than the Dodgers have done since the BIG Trade

Did anybody see that?

18. Bball says:

Hey I say this whole team gets testosterone shots after the game. Who’s with me

19. Bball says:

New month. New team.

That was a bomb by Upton. Over the bullpen. Rivera with another RBI. He is averaging almost one a game.

Good win for Beckett.

21. Bball says:

Badger do u mean Ramirez. U must be losing it at ur old age. Ur at if ur lucky 60 %.

22. Bball says:

Just a joke badger.

23. mica says:

Matt Kemp one home run since aug 2
    Hanley Ram 9 home rus since july 26

What is wrong with kemp?

24. jerry says:

that what the home run derby did to kemp..

25. Rob says:

Gonzalez needs a day off to get his things in order. He looks off balance when he swings and maybe the expectations are getting to him.

1. [...] Turn the Page September could not have come soon enough. August was a disaster, 14-14. We can’t play any worse then we are right now, can we? This crap on the field right now is just that, crap! Embarrassing, Humiliating! Kemp looks like he is dazed, confused and has no clue where he is. Someone needs to be [...]… [...]