The bottom of the 10th summed it up perfectly…
Time is running out. Tonight was a must win game leading 3-1 going into the 8th and we blew it.
Will this team ever find chemistry? Will we ever go on that long win streak? Maybe we are saving it for San Fran? These Dodgers make it hard to believe.
I guess the bullpen is to blame for this one, thank goodness the Giants lost to remain 4.5 back. John Ely struggled but it never should have made it that far, this was on Guerrier.
All is not lost though,
Guess who finally got “A” big hit tonight? Shane Victorino.
My original post was going to bash “Victor-no-where” to the highest degree but all that changed in the top of the 7th. This guy has been so bad anything would have lifted my spirits. Remember, September is all I am concerned about right now…..I don’t give a hoot about any previous stats because it is all about catching that FIRE down the stretch!
- Ethier has redeemed himself, I would like to take back my “Mr. Softee” insults as well
- Kershaw was brilliant, I mean brilliant…..we are so lucky to have this kid
- Cruz, hitting and defensive machine (except for the throw in the 10th)
- Running mistakes, better fix those quick, talking to you Mark Ellis and Agon! Both men at third base in different innings, Ellis picked off in the 1st and Agon leaning on a ground ball in the 6th….why do we always have problems on the base paths? Kemp will have another one or two for us before the season ends
- Let me give credit where credit is due, what a game by Mark Ellis
- Buzz kill Guerrier blew the win for Kershaw sending it to extras and will deprive me of 2 hours of sleep tonight/this morning, thanks Matt!
Kemp barely missed a homer and hit a single but still looks extremely lost and high on something. There is no emotion coming from him. I really don’t know what to think of it. Maybe he misses the spotlight. Did he suffer some sort of head trauma running into the wall? He is emotionally or physically hurt, one or the other! The MVP chants are skeptical at this point.
Remaining schedules going into San Fran:
4vsSTL 3@AZ crap
3@WAS 4vsCOL crap
3@CIN 3vsSD crap
24 games 25 games
-14 away -12 away
-10 home -13 home
ONE GAME AT A TIME!
Bats need to be in full swing, tough road ahead for the division but we all knew that. Oh yeah, maybe going to need a little “pitching” as well. Sure could use Bills right about now, bummer.
Do you believe?