Categorized | David Caldwell

Long Road to Nowhere

I did not watch the game tonight and I hope you did not either.

Something inside of me said that if I don’t watch this series, we will win these two and set up the series against St. Louis.

Wrong again.

1 run, we can’t score 1 fricken run again?  Just 5 hits?

• The Dbacks had 4 hits and still scored a run

Wake me up, somebody pinch me please.  This ongoing nightmare can’t be reality.

I am checked out; this team has taken all that I have to give.

The offensive collapse is like a virus that has spread over the team and there is no cure in 2012.  It is what it is, a disease.  Hopefully they find a cure by 2013.

6 games back for the division, looks like we can kiss that one goodbye.  The Giants really did not make it all that difficult.  We just suck that bad.

Also, the way this team is playing, I would not be comfortable with a 5 game lead in the wild card.

One game back?  Don’t think so.

That is the only way I can look at it.

18 Responses to “Long Road to Nowhere”

1. mica says:

I too refused to watch this team tonight. I checked the score a few times but I won’t waste another second on this putrid, fetid, rotting mass. I wonder if something is going on behind the scenes that could explain the complete lack of intensity in everyone not named kershaw. Fast forward to oct 3…who goes? Does Donnie go? It doesn’t appear that the team is fighting for him. They are completely lifeless and uninspired. Maybe donnie is too passive and chilled out and laid back. I never hated a dodgers squad like I do this one. Gonzalez looks like a prick who doesn’t give an **ck…victorino is a pouting babyt

2. Rob says:

Should Kershaw win the Cy young again? I think so. He is #1 in the nl for strike outs and whip, #2 in the nl for era and bAA. He can’t really control the wins with this line up so I think he should be this years winner. That’s my positive thought for the day, that’s all I have unfortunately.

Watching the Phillies, those sellers at the deadline, laughing all the way to the bank as they catch the dodgers in the Wild Card race. Yes they are .500.

August ERA 3.35
    Sept ERA 2.44
    New OF Brown hitting .254. Yea they gladly got rid of Victorina and his wasted ABs to make room for one of their real prospects.
    Same for Blanton.

And E. Martin is doing much better as he is developed properly in the Phillies organization.
    5-0 with lower ERA, WHIP and BA.

Lindblum still giving up HRs but got his first save on Sunday.

Yea the dodgers rolled the dice for 2 rentals but the dice were rigged and the ex-Phillies, who were out the door anyway, are ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE.

I got nothing!

OH what might have been…..

Like Mark , I am at a loss for words. I watched but I almost wish I hadn’t. Kershaw was excellent and deserved much better.

6. Bball says:

I third mark and dromo

I have not given up on the LA Dodgers but I have now given up on Donnie T-Ball.

There are different opinions in here regarding Logan White, Colonel Mustard and other aspects of the departments behind the scenes. I have expressed my opinion regarding the lake of player development and now express my opinion regarding the lack of Coach Development. Mattingly was Torre’s pick, and I never had any respect for Joe Big Ego. I waited semi-patiently for Donnie T-Ball to develop into a manager.

I am done thinking that D’oh! Mattingly will ever be the caliber of a manager that the LA Dodgers need.

I have to believe that over the next 18 days or so, we have 1 good run left in us.

Just 1 run (and I don’t mean a run in a ballgame, which we can’t seem to do very often)

Amazing after this horrible last 3 weeks, we’re only a game out of the 2nd wild card??

9. Rob says:

Hopefully scoscia is available if Donnie is fired.

10. Bobbie17 says:

Good stuff, Ken.

11. Kevin says:

I hate to break it to everyone but Donnie will be back next year. There is no way they are going to fire him after tearing the team apart and adding so many new parts with 40 games left in the season. He will get a chance to manage this team intact for an entire season. Kasten already stated that the entire coaching staff would be back next year.

12. bill says:

Is that Lonzalez at first base? It must be the first base bag. Gonzalez has turned into Loney, Frightening!

13. jerry says:

in the history of the dodger..seem like new player . they come here..and they get worst,i dont even thing that we have good scouts any more. we need a coach that was a dodger from the start.

14. Bball says:

Cardinals give the dodgers another golden opportunity. Hopefully we take advantage and never look back. Here’s to being optimistic when we all should be over this team. Go blue. Please

1. [...] Long Road to Nowhere I did not watch the game tonight and I hope you did not either. Ok, I sort of did.  I watched Gameday because you could not pay me to watch this team on television right now. Something inside of me said that if I don’t watch this series, we will win these two and set [...]… [...]