We all knew that James Loney was loved and respected by his fellow Dodger teammates, but there was no way anyone could predict that almost the entire Dodger team would dedicate the season to James and decide to all do their best James Loney impersonations since the trade. Once told about James Loneys’ inexplicable hitting struggles, even Adrian Gonzalez decided to pay James Loney homage by hitting just like him. Evidently, Mark Ellis and Andre Ethier are James Loney Haters. Haters!!! Ethier and Ellis need to get with the program and quit hitting too. Quit disrespecting James!!!
Clayton Kershaw was examined by a hip specialist yesterday, but in typical Dodger fashion, very little information about it was released. The Dodgers under Ned Colletti are close-lipped when it comes to personnel moves and injury reports. I get that. It’s OK by me. I think Clayton can pitch and not hurt his hip any more, but an unnatural motion can cause him to hurt his arm. Maybe he can pitch with a slide step, but I don’t think the Dodgers will risk it. Clayton is done for the year, if the Dodgers are smart… and I think they are.
Worst Case Scenario
Hope for the best, plan for the worst. That should be the mantra of the Dodgers going into next Spring. Here’s the worse case side of it:
- Chad Billingsley and Ted Lilly miss the entire 2013 season with arm problems
- Kenley Jansen retires due to heart problems
- Clayton Kershaw is slow to recover from hip surgery and comes back in late July
- Hanley Ramirez becomes a clubhouse cancer after being put back at 3B
- Dee Gordon fails to hit over .230 and has 40 errors
- Matt Kemp continues his injury spree and misses 80 games
- Carl Crawford shows up at Spring Training 30 pounds overweight and re-injures his arthritic left wrist which has plagued him for years
- Andre Ethier hits .190 against LH pitchers
- Zach Lee quits baseball and returns to LSU
- Adrian Gonzalez experiences decline in his game and hits .270 with 15 HR and 80 RBI
Of course, some of those things could happen, none of those things could happen or all of those things could happen. I think there are more questions about this team than any Dodger team in the past 10-12 years. Just my opinion…