Bring Back the Junkyard Dogs

We’ve seen the pretty boy big sluggers… and they ain’t so pretty.  It’s time to bring back the junkyard dogs.

Stupid is as stupid does and insanity is doing the same thing and thinking you will get different results.

Shake up the lineup.

Bring back the junkyard dogs.

Piss off Victorino, Kemp, Gonzalez, Ramirez and Ethier!

Maybe they will play better if they are mad.

They can’t play any worse.

Get us some junkyard dogs in the lineup, Damn it!

Start this lineup, Donnie:

1. Ellis  2B
  2. Gordon  SS
  3. Ellis  C
  4. Cruz  3B
  5. Abreu  LF
  6. Herrera  CF
  7. Castellanos  RF
  8. Punto  1B

I’ll bet my life that lineup of junkyard dogs could score more than ZERO RUNS!

20 Responses to “Bring Back the Junkyard Dogs”

1. the truth hurts says:

i like it!

2. JOSEPH OLIVAS says:

do it once than bring them in one by one after the 7th inning

That’s a formula for failure.

I’m a big Gordon supporter. But I also believe that the sort of injury he had is going to need a full winter of continued rehab and maybe some winter ball before he’s truly back to normal. Let him get back to 100% before asking him to play a key role in a pennant push.

Yeah, that’s smart. Herrera, Castellanos, Cruz, and Punto instead of Kemp, Ethier and Hanley, and Gonzalez. I’d rather take my chances that the latter group suddenly finds themselves than take my chances that a bunch of never weres will suddenly catch fire. Pie in the sky.

Junkyard dogs belong right there, in the junkyard. And surely they would give us junkyard caliber play. Sounds nice, even kind of catchy, “junkyard dogs”. But in reality it’s nothing more than a lot of JUNK.

• Jae says:

Since the trade, the current lineup is averaging less runs than the Junkyard Dogs. Mark is not saying to make the changes permanent – just jolt them back to their senses tonight, and I wholeheartedly agree. Mattingly is crazy to leave the lineup the same and so is anyone who thinks otherwise.

The current lineup is also JUNK and Dee was hitting fine in BP. He played 8 or 9 games in the minors. I don’t know why you would think he can’t swing the bat or needs more time. Either he can play or not!

2 runs today so far thru 6.

this is what we call an offensive explosion in LA!!

5. Anonymous says:

These guys need Bitc_____ Slapped!

Utter piece of trash team.

Completely heartless

7. Bball says:

Ron if your out there you did the right thing and rest assured that you didn’t miss SHIT. I give up. My new team for the rest of the year is the orioles. Let’s go O’s.

8. Rob says:

Two days in a row I have refused to watch the game and it appears I made the right decision. What a waste! Unfortunately I have tickets for the middle two games of the cards series so I will have to watch the game.

Thank God there’s NFL and college games starting tomorrow so I don’t have to waste my time watching this trash

10. the truth hurts says:

4 game sweep of st. louis, we will be 3 games up in the wild card

hahahahaha, i crack myself up

11. Bball says:

I wish players and management saw these posts cause I’m calling out Kemp. Kemp I no your hurt but your mouth aint. If this is your team you have to man up and fire these boys up. You can see in everybody that they wish the season was over. Heads down walking slow. Kemp do something you little bitch. It really hurts me that us the fans care more about this team then they do. Bunch of little pusses. And to Donnie t ball you stand there so expressionless. Screw you your no coach your a wanna be. I have never been so disappointed in a team. Man up you over paid pre madonnas

Great post. Oh yea I said the same thing the other day. :)

13. Bball says:

Sorry ken must have missed that

14. mica says:

I agree about Kemp! When times are good, he’s front and center. When times are bad, Kemp sulks and disappears. He’s a total fraud! He killed it last year when there was zero pressure. Now, there are expectations for him and donnie and he steer the Dodger failboat into oblivion…do you think Bruce Boche or the A’s manager could do a better job with this team. Boche lost his closer in April and his best hitter and the Giants get better? WTF is Donnie doing? He is a bench coach for Christ sake not a leader. Oh my god this team is doomed. Remember how bad the Dodgers were with Kevin Brown and all the Fox money. Fuck

15. Note says:

I’m into it! Text mattingly

I’m hoping for a sweep by the Cards to put us out of our misery. I can’t take this shit anymore.

NO MAS!