Whether tis nobler to sit pat and hope that Bills and Blanton can flash the necessary form to win or whether to pull the trigger and give up the prospects Philly is demanding. We should know today. Stay tuned…
I think last night’s lineup is the best Donnie can do. I like that lineup a lot. Could Hanley stay at SS and could Dee become a trade chip. Everyone in baseball is high on Dee Gordon. Just a thought….
Two lefties struggling with the bat (Loney and Ethier). One would think a lefty hitting coach should be able to help better than anyone. It’s late in the season, but maybe there needs to be a new voice….
I like the Blanton deal a lot. He will be a big help this year and could be re-signed….
Minor League Notes:
- RDLR pitched 2 hitless innings last night with 4 strikeouts and would have pitched more but was pulled when there was a long delay in the game. I would expect to see him in LA within 2 weeks, probably in relief…
- Jerry Sands remains on fire with his 21st HR after going 4-5 last night (.288).
- IDJ2 is a sub at AAA – look for him on another roster next year. He’s hitting .260.
- Jake Lemmerman has 7 hits in his last two games and has raised his BA to .239 (he as really sucking before).
- Aaron Miller got lit up last night. I think he’ll be in the pen next year.
- Corey Seager who was struggling with Ogden was 3-6 with his first HR.
- Yasiel Puig was 2-5 with 2 HR and 3 RBI. He obviously needs to move to AA.
If you are interested in who is involved and how trades come down, read The LA Times story by Lanec Pugmire.
Job Blanton goes today… Kept on Rollin…