Our Server Was Down

Our main Apache server crashed last night and most of our websites have been down over 18 hours.  I am posting this on my iPad ….

I will be back tomorrow evening.   Go Dodgers!

28 Responses to “Our Server Was Down”

I’ve been lost all morning/afternoon without this site Mark.

Please don’t let it happen again :)

The last time my serve was down … I lost two sets to one.

USA women’s roundball is pretty good.

As long as the older guys stay on the court, and Howard is healthy, Lakers have to be favorites out of the West. Lot of if’s on that team.

dang gnats………. they are pounding the hapless Rocks again.

All three teams at the top of the NL West are 5-5 in their last 10. Come on Dodgers, take over.

Yanks get Derek . . . interesting. Other names will come up . . . and all guy over 35, Ned will consider . . . he loves those older guys.

4. Jae says:

Screw Ned

5. Win for Vin says:

This season is a waste, we possibly could have the same damn record with the stiff who were here earlier. I wish they’d hurry up and build Farmers Field and bring the Rams back home.

6. Bball says:

Shut up. One game out and ur bitching. And football sucks. Too much negativity on this site. Bunch of little bitches. Just shut up

We are under .500 since we added Ramirez. But then, the other teams in this division aren’t looking like world beaters either.

Still need a run. Whichever teams decides to quit losing first will likely take this thing.

This is still a flawed team.

Bball – this is not negative — but this Dodger team has a disease or illness in many of the starting pitching. Cruising along, winning in the 4th and even 5th innings — and then the roof caves in, or the pitching falls apart.

Not a negative statement — truth and fact. So, either the pitching improves or Donnie needs to pull guys sooner with the pen having a mid-game stopper.

9. Bball says:

Agree roger. But that being said. How many times have I heard on this site”if u thought the dodgers would be this close this far in what a surprise”. I no that not exactly what was said but I think u all no what I’m going for. And no one is taking hold of this division. I no it gets frustrating but this team is in it and I’m not giving up till they are mathematically eliminated. They run five straight off and they can be 3 up. Same could be said about the giants but until that happens. I’ll be frustrated a little but a lot happy that I’m even able to still believe cause I think if u ask any of us me included. We would say this was gonna be a wasted year and we’d be 10 put by now. Come on show some faith we r still right there. This can happen. I feel like tommy right now. Im ready to kick some ass whose with me. Go blue

10. Bball says:

We’re out one game. Just one game. It could be worse. We could be angel fans and be 7.5 games out and spent all kinds of money for nothing

11. RogerCraig says:

That is a good point. Everyone said the Angels outspent the Dodgers in the offseason and then they got Greinke and they still are way out in their division. Proof that spending money doesnt’t always equal winning. I do think they are better than they have shown and could still win.

The Dodgers are still not drawing as they should. I think the reason is, people are not yet over McCourt, and not yet sure about this team. I am one of them. The team that wins it is the team that is playing well at the end of the year. Will that be the Dodgers? Who knows. It could still be the Angels as they are only 1.5 out of the WC chase.

The Dodgers, outside of Kemp, are just not an exciting team. They are 18-1 to win it, and I wouldn’t bet on them. The Angels are 8-1. Why? Because they are a better team, that’s why.

Still hope. But I think ownership knows what they have to do. They need to do what the Yankees do.

Bball, I do not know how old you are or how long you have been following the Dodgers or baseball — but some of us, maybe am the oldest here at 71 — have seen and learned a few things over the years.

1. Badger said a key statement above: the team that wins it is the team that is playing well at the end of the year.

Example, back in 1966 the Dodgers had a really great team. But at the end of the season they become flat that last week. Then faced Baltimore in the World Series and were swept in 4 straight. And the Dodgers started: Drysdale, Koufax, Osteen, and Drysdale. AND THE DODGERS SCORED A TOTAL OF 2 RUNS IN 4 GAMES, AND THE 2 RUNS WERE IN ONE GAME, SO THEY WERE SHUT OUT IN 3 GAMES BY BALTIMORE.

The Cardinals of last year were the opposite, they pulled out an almost impossible September and just kept winning – even with only 1 strike left.

2. It is not that the Dodgers are only 1 game back, but this team just cannot get into gear, and take over games – like they use to back in April. Starting pitching just seems to go flat in the 5th inning or so. Key hits just are farther and farther apart. And other teams young rookie pitcher just seem to bother the Dodger lineup.

3. The roster. Ned build the framework under McCord and went cheap with many veterans that other teams did not want, threw off their teams, or guys just hanging around for another season or two. Now, Ned is trying to bring in several solid players – but in reality, some of them come with baggage. No stars at the top of their game, but trying to re-find their game.

4. Last season. Mark felt that the Dodgers were going all the way. Some of us here (like Badger and myself) kept saying no, no way last season from the get-go. Just did not have the roster. Finally Mark said, how did we know? Well, we are Dodger AND baseball fans that see trends and look at what is happening in the front office, other teams, etc. Finally, Mark agreed with us toward seasons end.

5. What gives me hope is this – many teams are struggling to keep playing good baseball. Some of the division races are about over unless some leading teams collapse. The Dodgers have indeed a great chance — BUT THIS TEAM IS NOT BUILD FOR THE POST SEASON. They could, if they begin to play real baseball. That is why we continue to hope, follow, and know every pitch and at bat of this team.

• Reggie says:

I looked it up (March 2011) and here is what Mark said last season – You are not accurate Roger:

“In case you were silly enough to believe all the “predictions” I made yesterday, here’s all that I predict: 91-93 wins. The pitching will be impressive. Clayton will carry the torch and the pen will step up BIG TIME. I also think the offense will surprise a lot of folks. Let’s play ball!

I do believe that Matt Kemp will be an MVP Candidate and Clayton Kershaw will be a Cy Young Candidate.”

He said 91-93 wins last year. After going 41-51 to start last season, the Dodgers went 41-28 down the stretch (.594). They ended up winning 82 games, but Mark was right about Kemp and Kershaw.

Some of you guys just see the negative. I happen to believe that this team is a lot better than they have shown. Look at what they did the second half of last season and the first half of this season. They do have the ability or they could not have finished as good as they did last year and started as good as they did this year.

I happen to believe you will eat your negative words, with all due respect to your tenure as a Dodger fan.

14. Bball says:

Roger I’m only 25 and been following them since I can remember. I was 5 months old the last time they won it all. So u can understand if I hold on till the last breath. Havnt had much to cheer for in my 25 years. I guess u can say I follow with my heart and not my head. You and badger have forgotten more then Ive learned. I just love the dodgers and want it so bad

We understand Bball. We all want the best from our team. And that is why guys like Roger and me (a movie?) see what is happening in the broad sense and realize odds mean something. The Yankees will always be close because of the money they spend on great players. True, they don’t always win it, but you KNOW they will draw and always be in it. The same just can’t be said about our Dodgers. We who have been around a while have learned how to read the tea leaves. Roger is right, this team, as it is currently constructed, is not a World Championship team. However, anything can happen and often the best teams (teams with best players) fade at the wrong time. What we are hoping for is the team that is currently 18-1 beats the odds. Not likely, but, we all have hope.

In the mean time, we look at our roster and try to figure ways to improve it. It takes time. The Phillies were not willing to cooperate with us, and big time bats aren’t free agents at our convenience. It is going to take some time to build this team. In the coming months, we shall see if the Guggenkastens are serious about building a winner.

15. Bball says:

Question… At the beginning of the year nobody thought anything of this team. That being said would a one playoff game be satisfactory lose the division series or would we have to win it all to be a good year? Hope that makes since

We play in the NL West, not the AL West.

The Angels are clearly a better team, but we clearly have the better chance at a division title. And that’s the bottom line, cuz Stone Cold said so!!

Mine Too! :(

League is becomimg the worst reliever that Ned has ever traded for.

Too many Bill Gates type players on this Dodger team. Micro-Soft. They play little ball and still come up Mr. Softee with runners on base.

The collective Dodger manliness is down.

Bball, a good year is to compete and not embarrass oneself. Right the the Dodgers are in it, but will most likely have to win the N.L. West, because of so many teams in the wild card chase.

All depends if the Giants or D-Backs put together a string of wins that the other two do not. As said above, in just a week, a team could fall 4 or 5 or 6 game back.

About a month and a half to go now. Every game counts and stupid losses cut into the very fabric of the design.

OK – present concern. Brandon League: do not know anything about this guy Ned got from Seattle. But in the past 10 games (both for Seattle & LA) his ERA is 10.57. All in 7.2 total innings of relief. In that spread he gave up 13 hits (in 7.2 innings). That is terrible.

At this point he is not helping the team. League must turn that all around.

19. Rob says:

Caps looks like he has his swagger from the first half of the season.

Brilliant game by Cap today.

Now comes a big test at Pitt! (never thought i’d say that for a while)

21. Reggie says:

I posted this earlier in a response, but I thought I’d post it again so that you all would see it:

We saw it. At least I did. Mark makes the same predictions every year. I have seen it since about ’97 – not sure exactly when we first connected. There is no other Dodger fan I have seen that wants the Dodgers to win more than Mark does, and it’s reflected in his positive thinking and predictions. I follow all of baseball, and review rosters up and down both leagues. Just cuz they are wearing a Dodger uniform doesn’t make them Champions in my book. The seasons they had Manny were the closest I have seen them come in a couple of decades. Those teams were good, and Manny was the difference maker. They just ran into a Philly team that was better. This current team LOOKS better than they did a few weeks ago, but that is just on paper. They need to put together a win streak to convince me. So far they haven’t done it. They have gone from “the best record in baseball” to just another .500 team. I think they are damn lucky the dbacks haven’t started pounding the ball more often. I think they have the best lineup in the division, but, that doesn’t always translate to winning.

These, and Roger’s thoughts, are not negative thinking Reggie. They are just seasoned opinions by a couple of old farts that have been around the block a few times.

Reggie, on one of my bookshelves, I have a small framed Dodger thing, that has the World Series pin of each of their World Series Championship wins. 1955, 1959, 1963, 1965, and 1981, and 1988.

That is it. Nothing for 23 years now as far as World champs.

Post season since 1988 – looks like this:

1995 lost 3 to the Reds
    1996 lost 3 to the Braves
    2004 lost 3-1 to the Cardinals
    2006 lost 3 to the Mets
    2008 beat the Cubs 3 straight
    2008 lost 4-1 to the Phillies
    2009 beat the Cardinals 3 straight
    2009 lost 4-1 to the Phillies

So, since the last Dodger World Series win, they are 9-20.

Sorry to be so negative, but for 23 years now, the Dodgers finished that way.

Oh, I will not spend the time looking it up, but toward the end of last season, Mark even posted on this fan board — asking the question, how did we (Badger and I) know the Dodgers would not win in 2011 . . . Respond then and now — the Roster.

But Baseball is a funny game. If the guys play like today — they can win it all. Play like yesterday, not so much

Interesting…………..

1. [...] opposite-handed pitchers) and Andre Ethier & Hanley Ramirez being flipped more… Our Server Was Down – ladodgertalk.com 08/11/2012 Our main Apache server crashed last night and most of our [...]