Swept by the Giants at home. P-I-T-I-F-U-L! That’s all I’ve got to say! Things look pretty dismal right about now, however this is baseball and you NEVER know. The Giants? [vomiting sounds]
- Years ago, I called Andre Ethier “soft.” I retracted it when he had a modicum of success in the clutch, but it seems that he reverts to being Mr. Softee year-after-year. The plain truth is that he cannot hit lefties and needs to be platooned in RH. End of discussion. When Ethier plays against a LH, the Dodgers chance to win the game drops appreciably! Mr. Softee is back! I told you so – even if I always didn’t believe it. Yes, he was 2-4 last night, but he’s still soft, and he can’t hit LH pitching and never will.
- In light of what Ken said about Don Newcombs’ comments, I have to ask “Was Matt Kemp drunk in 2010?” I don’t know. Maybe. Maybe not! However, I do have to wonder why he wasn’t more upset when a known cheater (Ryan Braun) beat him out for NL MVP. I would be upset if I lost to a cheater. You would be upset… unless you were doing the same thing too, and didn’t get caught… It’s something I don’t want to bring up, but I have to ask the question because baseball is an extremely dirty sport when it comes to steroids. THINK about it! He’s our boy – I hope it wasn’t true and if it was, I hope it’s not true now. That’s all I will say about it, and I’m not accusing my favorite Dodger of anything. I just choose to have my eyes wide open and I’ll say stuff others only think.
- Adrian Gonzalez is on waivers. Not many teams will be able to handle his fat $100+ million contract. The Dodgers can. Who can they trade? I know it would take Zach Lee. I have speculated that Andre Ethier could do well in Boston with his best friend, Dustin Pedroia. That would have to happen after the season, unless Ethier could clear waivers now. He would be a PTBNL. I think that Zach Lee, Chris Reed and Shawn Tolleson along with Ethier could get the deal done. He’s from California. Maybe he’d like to go home?
- Yasiel Puig can sure mash in rookie ball but is struggling at High- A (.281). I have no clue where he will be next year. It could be back at RC. He really has now displayed anything that would warrant a $42 million contract… except potential.
- Zach Lee pitched 7 innings last night and allowed 2 hits. Not too shabby.
- Corey Seager was 4-5 last night with 2 doubles and a HR. At this rate, he will beat Puig to the big club.
- Joe Blanton has looked awful. I know Capuano gave up 6 runs last night, but he didn’t look awful. He made some critical mistakes and didn’t have his A – Stuff, but Blanton has looked like a BP pitcher since joining the Dodgers. I would be surprised if that changed anytime soon.