1. Victorino Last 7 games .200-HOLE (5/25)
2. Ellis Last 11 games .278-HOLE (10/36)
3. Kemp Last 10 games .410-EXCELLENT (16/39)
4. Ethier Last 10 games .194-HOLE (7/36)
5. Ramirez Last 10 games .205-HOLE (8/39)
6. Loney/Rivera CRATER HOLE
7. Cruz Last 10 games .235-HOLE (8/34)
8. Ellis Last 10 games .345 EXCELLENT (10/29)
- Rivera-.212 (7/33) & Loney-.269(7/26)
- Hairston- .133 (4/30)
The way I look at it, we have SEVEN offensive holes on this team including the pitcher…which means not a lot of runs when you can pitch around your superstar for automatic outs in the 4-7 slots. Add in the pitcher’s spot and the number 2 spot and….
…….we got 99 problems but not scoring runs ain’t one!
- As much as I like Mark Ellis, he does not get the job done in the #2 spot at the top of the order. Once this season is over, we must upgrade. We are the Dodgers, we need an Utley clone.
- Hanley Ramirez is a very big name and I was thrilled to have him on board, but not batting .205!
- Ethier, aka Mr. Softee, has vanished. Was the extension a huge mistake? I THINK SO!
- Cruz control, love the kid, just not the long term answer…is Dee Gordon? No clue.
- As mentioned before, the Dodgers 1st base platoon is the ugliest monster in the majors this season. We need some thunder day in and day out from this position! Let’s go get someone, anyone! PLEASE, I am begging….
Not an offensive juggernaut anyone should be scared of this season, unfortunately. There is a lot of work to do this off-season.
On a positive note, Kemp and AJ Ellis are playing great…..