Here’s my State of Mind Today

I was away for the weekend and David Caldwell (aka TheTruth Hurts) is on vacation, so you are stuck with me the next few days.  In case you care, I was away for the weekend for a paintball outing.  We happened to stay at the same place where there was an event called “Greenstock” which is simply a bunch of drunk and high hippies having fun being, well…. drunk and high.  It was interesting to say the least.  Peaceful, all the way I might say.  We played paintball in a wooded, hilly outdoor setting that was just amazing.  I did not get shot until the 6th game and sniped at least 26 others in the process.  It was  blast.  I had never played paintball outside and it is addicting…

6 Responses to “Here’s my State of Mind Today”

Glad to see the old hangout up and running.
    Matts hitting, Hanleys driving em in and even Andre may be awakening. Have to beat the Bucs. Main competition in wildcard race.
    Play Ball

Driving in the car later this afternoon for a bit, I listened to some of the Giant/Rockies games.

Those Giants have a nice, more powerful roster than the Dodgers I think.

Scoring 5 in the 8th inning to come back and win against a team the Dodger did not.

Roster:

Pagan in CF, hitting 278. Scutaro at 3B/2B as needed is .277.

Then the meat: Cabrera in LF hitting .348 with 3 RBIs today.

Posey with a hi8t and 3 walks today, hitting .332.

Pence in RF, the new guy, comes with “I came to play” attitude.

Belt was 4 for 4 today, with power. I fear him.

Theriot at 2B, former Dodgers, drove in a big run today at a key situation.

Crawford at SS is their light hitting piece, but he seems to work.

If they find chemistry, they will be tough the last month and a half.

You’re basing this on 1 game??

Pagan? not proven
    scutoro? probaby the same as Ellis
    Melky? Good player having a ridic year
    Posey? Great player
    Pence? Solid player
    Belt? Really? only 1b hitting worse than him is Loney
    Theriot? Really??
    Crawford? I’d let Dee Gordon hit before him

Horrible Roger, just horrible!!

Bobby, never underestimate your opponent. The opposite is just a bad, do not build yourself up with false drums.

Since early July, I believe the Giants and D-Backs have out played the Dodgers. And Dee is no where in sight.

But I know what you mean. The Giants are junk. But they are in first place and we must respect that.

Hanley is our hope, and here is his input:

Easy Button

It’s my opinion that believing the gnats are “junk” is a mistake.

They have good arms. The guys that are hitting are for real. Melky has taken his career seriously, and therefor opponents should take him seriously. Pence and Pagan round out a very good outfield. Belt is a young talent that, when he figures it out, will thump. Have you actually seen this guy? He is 6’5″ 220 pounds and in only 526 plate appearances has a .744 OPS. I think he is the real deal. Maybe not this year, but, soon. Posey we already know about.

These guys are in first place because they have earned it. To beat them, and to hold off the dbacks, the Dodgers are going to have to better the next 8 weeks than they have been for the last 6 weeks.