Bring Back Beast Mode

4.5 games back. I ask, do you trust Joe Blanton and Chris Capuano in any of the 6 Giants games we play? I don’t. We had a great first half but were falling behind in the marathon.

The trade that was made was a good one. I applaud Ned for going out there and constructing a ball club to win a World Series. The only thing I would have done different was trade Zach Lee instead of RDLR but I can’t waste time talking about what should/could have been.

Matt Kemp pulling an Aaron Rowand might be what he needed. Last year Kemp was a MVP with absolutely no production around him in the lineup. Stealing bases, hitting home runs, robbing home runs, walk offs, and an RBI machine in 2011 and 2012 is a different story. He is becoming a strikeout champ and his BA has dropped .19 points since returning from the D.L. with the hamstring injury. What happened to beast mode? Is Matt settling because now he has help around him? I don’t know what’s going on with Kemp but I haven’t seen beast mode since he hit the walk off against the Nationals in April. Take some time to think Matt! We need you to spark the offense. Bring Back Beast Mode!!!!! Lets get it trending people. #BringBackBeastMode

Dodger fans who would you rather have at First Base?

Prince Fielder or Adrian Gonzalez?

Sidebar

I see that RDLR could be the next Pedro in Boston. Good luck to you Rubby you’re a stud and well miss you.

James Poney we will not!

Beckett needs to be traded to the Nationals next year. Get him out of our clubhouse.

We gave up some of our young pitching for some high-risk high reward guys. I like it but now were faced with the rotation we have. Gotta make do.

Nedsucks signing off

#BringBackBeastMode Matt!!!!!!!!!!!!

35 Responses to “Bring Back Beast Mode”

1. Gonzo says:

Before RDLR is annointed the next Pedro, lets wait and see him perform for a couple years and then make the call. Beckett to WAS huh? They were basically giving him away before the trade deadline and WAS didn’t call BOS.

Beckett will be fine. Will he be the pitcher he was 5 years ago? Nope, but I’d take him over Cap and Lirch. Also, yes I trust Blanton. He may have gotten beat in his previous starts but I just like his demeanor on the mound and believe he could help this team for the next three years as a 4 or 5.

This team is pressing. AGon is trying to do to much. He will right the ship. This team needs to have a walk off, a brawl or go bowling together but please do something to mesh. I hope that the Dodgers win out but in order for that to happen the Gints have to lose and that hasn’t been happening too much.

I agree Gonzo. We need a good ol brawl (or, as good ol JR would say, a “slobbernocker”)

Something crazy like that would light that fire

3. Bobbie17 says:

How about just playing good baseball? This team doesn’t know how to really brawl, and it starts with the manager. When the going gets tough, the tough get……..going. It’s time. It’s almost too late.

4. Gonzo says:

Well B17, I don’t know if you ever played baseball or an organized sport, but from my experience as a player and a coach whenever my team went through adversity together it created a bond. I disliked some of my teammates when I played ball but I’d be damned if somebody from another team would try to show them up or hurt them.

Also, the long bus rides and the bullshitting that goes on creates camaraderie. I remember we started a season at 0-4 and we came back from 6 runs down in the last inning of a game. We finished the season 14-4. In order to play good baseball you need to trust the guy next to, I don’t care if you play High school ball or pros.

Prince Fielder or Adrian Gonzalez?

Easy. Prince Fielder with RDLR would be preferable to Adrian Gonzalez w/o RDLR. If we had these owners last winter Fielder would probably be a Dodger, and so would RDLR, Alan Webster, and Jerry Sands. Unless, of course, they were used in another deal.

Kemp hasn’t looked the same since getting off the DL. Probably should not have been rushed back the first time. If these guys need a fight or other such incident to get them motivated, then they’re not the right guys. Hopefully they’re self-motivated without any need of an external stimulant.

They simply have to take a step back, relax, and just focus on the little things. Lots of talent here. Just hope they don’t run out of time to show it.

• Bobby says:

Prince Fielder for 8 more years and 190mil (sorry I forget the exact K terms) plus RDLR, or Adrian Gonzales for 6 yrs 120mil?

Unless RDLR actually becomes Pedro part 2 (and I also LOVED his potential), I’ll go with Gonzo and the 80 mil in savings. I’ve always thought Gonzo was a more complete player, where Fielder is just an amazing power hitter.

If RDLR becomes a good #3, I think I’ll be ok. If he’s a great #2, then that’s when we start saying “damn.” I still think though, that Gonzo and Crawford will be fine for us.

Just need to win today!!

6. Rob says:

Both teams in LA have a ton of talent and should be strolling into the playoffs but they lack that chemistry which most teams have at this point. Once this team wins two in a row and knocks the crap out of the ball I think the good vibes will make the batters calm down and stop pressing.

I agree with Brooklyn and Gonzo. This team is good enough to win the West, but the division leader is playing well and we are not. It’s time to find that extra gear.

Gonzalez or Fielder? Why do yo ask? Fielder of course, but, Adrian Gonzalez is our first baseman and we are damn lucky to have him. Remember, it was Loney for several years. My only fear about it is, Gonzalez is already 30. With a guy like him, it could be his best years are already behind him. But he doesn’t need to hit 40 home runs again. I’ll take his 2011 stats for the next three years.

Start playing better baseball today. 4 1/2 games? We can do it.

Isn’t it strange the midgets lose their best player and get better, we get better players and get worse. Will this be similar to the karmic curse that came with being owned by the evil empire Fox? Geez, I hope not, but, stay tuned.

Root, root, root for the Cubbies… 5-1 over battery chuckers

Jon Lester anybody?

I just read over there ———–> in MLB Rumors (MLB Injury News) some zipperhead talking about Carl Crawford and what he said was this:

“it will take a lot to wash away the taste of his horrid campaign of 2011″ –

well, if you look at his last 161 games (2011 + 2012) he hit .260, scored 88 runs, had 14 HR’s and 75 RBI’s, and stole 23 bases. He did most of that with a bum elbow. That ain’t horrid. You want horrid, we got some players here we could talk about, starting with Uribe. By all accounts Crawford’s surgery went well and he should be back in 6 months. I got a feeling he is going to want to start his career all over again. Carl Crawford could very well become my new favorite Dodger. There is a reason Boston gave him that huge contract. I think the problem was a bum wing and Boston itself. That organization needs a whole floor of shrinks.

Carlos Marmol, who got his 17th save today and has cleared waivers is a possibility depending on what they are thinking with Kenley.
    Cubs win

Team meeting?

Just be a real manager!

Let them swing at the first pitch.
    Let them be aggressive when appropriate
    Yank them from the batters box when they swing at a pitch above their eyes regardless of the count
    Yank them from the game when they do not dive at a ground ball up the middle with a runner on 2B.
    Yank them from the mound when it takes more than 5 pitches to figure out their arm motion is not right
    Yank them when they qualify as stupid is as stupid does.

13. jerry says:

lots of talent ..but to many trys to hit the home run with warning track power..some time all we need is the base hit..just like last night..a.j ..needs a base hit..hit fly ball to left just on the warning track..big out no runs..

Jerry well said. Maybe it’s time for a new hitting coach? Mickey Hatcher is only a stones throw away from the dugout. I smell a something in the air and it’s certainly not the smell of burning wood.

These guys should not need a new hitting coach. They have been in the Major Leagues a long time. They know how to hit or they wouldn’t all be earning millions.

Baseball is one of those “team” sports that’s more about individual play than any of the others. You step into that box, the team isn’t going to block for you nor will they set screens. It’s you and that baseball. Man up Dodgers. Pick out a mistake and get ugly with it.

15. Bball says:

Well said badger. I think hitting coaches, pitching coaches even managers are blamed when they shouldn’t be or given credit when they really don’t deserve it. This team just needs to man up and quit waiting for the person behind them to do it. That being said giants lost so let’s get one back. Let’s go u pansies

16. Bball says:

This team is lost. Can’t catch a break. Wronge time of year to be playing this bad

17. Rob says:

Wow eithier better hit a homerun for that mistake

They need a performance coach

19. Rob says:

Beast mode is off for the entire team. This team looks pathetic right now, 15 innings and can’t score a run.

20. Bball says:

Some may say the d backs just have the dodgers number. I say every team has there number. This is bull shit. The chemistry is way past screwed up. What is wronge.

21. Rob says:

I don’t know what’s wrong bball but this is frustrating to watch.

22. Bball says:

Definitely. I was yelling and screaming when I found out we got AGON and the others. I got tickets to last nights game. Keep in mind I live 3 hours away and my job requires me to get up at 445. So If u can imagine I was wore out. The pre game ceremonies were well worth it but if I new how the game was gonna be I could have got plenty of sleep. It’s frustrating cause I’m spending 140a ticket to see a shitty game when I think I’m gonna be seeing a new and improved dodgers team I love these dodgers. Let’s just get on a role. Come on blue

23. Bball says:

Can I say fuck. Well I just did

24. Rob says:

In 11 innings you would expect the dodgers to score more then three dam runs, not going to hang this on the pitching.

25. Rob says:

Can we just end the season already

A mentally soft team that can not hit
    And Loney is hitting .412 for Boston

27. jerry says:

didnt see any hit and run..didnt see a steel with someone that can steel..it the choice that donny makes..if hanley would of tried to steel ..then cruz base hit would of scored him..i dont see any small ball any more..they keep try ing to hit home run..s

28. Rob says:

Cruz is the only guy out there who plays the game right. The giants players said the dodgers just traded for players who choked last year, I think it’s contagious!

29. Diablo 3 Far says:

We need a D3 3D with an increase of open controls. Thats when I get in touch with sick to work

30. and if you view it from the Blizz business viewpoint, the opportunity cost of F2p wouldnt pay back.

31. I really appreciate every thing philosophy behind Blizzard’s working minds. Unlike those other devs who base their ethics around making millions of dollars… (ahem EA) they really adore what they do and you will probably see that in this choice. Ultimately they are still an institution that wants to make money, but not in a way that would screw up what they feel deeply for. Thats the kind of information development ethics all these people who produces intellectual properties ought to like. Keep sticking to making Pc games Blizzard, I bet a crowd won’t mind, even console players.

32. FTW are you responsible for Blizzard? The only game im going to buy from you is starcraft and get started.