Chad Billingsley looks like a Number Two to me. Fear the Beard. The Dodgers needed a blowout last night. Almost everyone got in on it. It’s only one game, so they have to come out and win again today behind Clayton Kershaw. 1-0 or 11-0 count the same.
The Snakes dropped to 5.5 games in back of the Dodgers. They are what we thought they were – a .500 team AGAIN, for the 18th time this year.
Jerry Sands was 2-6 with a triple and 3 RBI last night. He has 23 HR, 90 RBI and is now hitting .296. Juan Uribe is hitting .186 on the other hand, and while he can play several positions and has a good arm, the Dodgers simply don’t need him. They could us a 1B who can actually hit and Sands is as hot a you can get right now. DFA Uribe and call-up Sands. Play him at 1B for a week. See what happens. What do you have to lose?
- Yasiel Puig was 1-4 in his RC debut.
- Joc Pederson hit 2 HR for RC – he now has 15 and went 3-3 to raise his batting average to .309.
- Ted Lilly pitched one scoreless inning at RC and struck out 2. Maybe he’ll pitch out of the pen if he comes back.
- Randy Choate really doesn’t want to be in LA. He has an ex-wife with his 8 and 10 year-old daughters there. I think his head is somewhere else.
- Brandon League is struggling with mechanics and a non-sinking sinker. Nice trade, Ned!
- Matt Magill pitched 7 strong innings (0 runs, 1 BB, 11 K’s) to raise his record to 10-8 (3.75 ERA).
- Scott Elbert faced 2 batter at AA last night and struck out both. He’ll be back very soon.
- RDLR pitched 3 strong innings in AZ Monday and should be turning it up.
- Chris Withrow pitched 1.1 innings and struck out 3 to get his 2nd save of the season – he also walked 2 and gave up a hit and run. Maddening….
- Corey Seager had a triple and 2 RBI’s last night and sits at a .303 BA.