Times Square – New York

My 13-year old son wanted to come to Times Square for his birthday, so we are staying at the Doubletree at Time Square.  Top Floor -beautiful view.  We are doing all the tourist stuff – Highline, Ferry Ride to Ellis Island, Niketown (I’m not going to tell you what the shoes he bought cost – all I can tell you is that they hook-up to a computer <eyes rolling>).

I am going to try and catch the game Sunday, although I watched most of the game last night from a Mexican Restaurant on the Upper East Side.  Nice Team Win!

Bills is supposed to be back, Lilly is nearing ready and the Cubs are trying to decide if the Dodgers offer for Dempster is enough.  Hopefully, a bat is coming?

What is your take?

25 Responses to “Times Square – New York”

Dang. Wish you were my dad. I got a pair of Keds for my 13th birthday.

Were they basketball or running shoes? If you bought ‘em there, I’ll guess around $250.

It is going to take some serious GM engineering to get both Dempster and a decent bat. I would say on the Confidence Meter, scale of 1 to 10, I’ll go with a 4 when it comes to Jed getting a good deal. He’s done it before, but, I don’t think he’s batting .500 on deals.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again…. why does anyone pitch to Kemp? I am glad they do, but if I am manager, I put him on and go after Ethier and Rivera.

Let’s make sellers out of the Mets. 3 in a row puts them under .500.

2. RogerCraig says:

Maybe they would give us David Wright?

Wrong!

He would be nice

3. Pete M. says:

What a town..Everyone should go at least once..How is the Mexican food in NY?? I’m getting jacked about Dempster and adding him Kershaw and Cap. But what then. I wish there was a Beltran out there like last year.

4. Gionfriddo says:

Kennedy in 2 hole today, Uribe in the 6 hole… both are going to break out… look out

5. Jae says:

Vomiting sounds!!!

6. Bball says:

Does anyone no who the dodgers offered for dempster

• Gionfriddo says:

Rumors @ one point last week said Garrett Gould & Chris Withrow .. Rosenthal just reported the Dodgers are “unlikely” to acquire Dempster.. Garza? Shields?

Haven’t been to NY City since 1997. I bet it’s changed some. Have a great time Mark. Thanks for keeping the site going. Go Blue

From “most likely” to “not likely” in the matter of hours.

And so goes the silly season of MLB Trade Deadline news.

Garza? Why do I doubt it? All trade negotiations with the Dodgers begin and end with Zach Lee. It will take him, and a couple of others for the Cubs to release either Dempster or Garza. And I don’t blame them a bit.

Face it folks, the reason why our top 10 prospect list changes every few days is the fact it ain’t that good to begin with. I suspect that is about to change with this year’s draft, but, for now? …. it what it is.

NY is my fave city in the world, after LA. Enjoy it Mark! Have a couple of hot dogs and the honey roasted peanuts from the street vendor for me.

Zack Lee may be our top prospect, and he likely isnt a top 2 prospect on a bunch of other teams, but I still wouldn’t trade him to rent a 35 year old for 2 months. That would be completly ridiculous. No matter Lee’s true value, he’s still our top prospect, and he’s worth more than a rental. I would include him for Garza, but thats just me.

Uribe showing up today. Someone tell me if the world is ending please!!!!!!

Anyone know the last time Uribe and Loney had rbi in the same game??? Is this what it feels like to have production from 1b and 3b?? Is this all a dream like on Dallas??????

Uribe, MVP!, MVP!!, MVP!!!, MVP!!!!, MVP!!!!!, ….

Maybe some team out there will get excited, and take him and what remains of his contract off of our hands. At my age it’s easy to get delusional.

All I can think of to describe Uribe’s day is this. EVERY DOG HAS HIS DAY. Mind you, just your everyday, basic mutt. By no means a junkyard dog, as we on this site understand that term.

If this stuff continues maybe the Mets will trade Wright to us straight up for Uribe. There I go, hallucinating again. I’m sure the Mets will also demand that we throw in Kennedy, the proud owner of a hit today, plus a demonstration of his great range going back on pop flies in no-man’s-land.

“Someone tell me if the world is ending please!!!!!!”

That’s what I hear. Nibiru will be exposed soon, and the poles will shift, and life as we know it will end. Maybe you have heard this? It’s in none of the papers.

Loney also with a couple of hits. I told you law of averages says these guys will run into one every now and then.

Pound them again tomorrow and let’s start reading the Mets rumors.

Go Phillies.

Who let the dogs out?

13. ken says:

Maybe Uribe can hit 1.000 against knuckleballers!

Corner infielders carry the day. Who knew?

14. Gionfriddo says:

Zach Lee today in AA– 3.2 inn, 5 ER, 7 hits, 4 BB’s.. era now stands at 9.45 after 5 AA starts.. tell me again, why did Ned and Logan feel the need to fast track him when his High A stats were avg to sub par?? Nobody needs to worry about Lee being the centerpiece in a deal for an established bat or arm, his value has nose dived these past 3 weeks..

I hear Nibiru will be passing close to earth, and that it’s gravitational effect will result in huge tsunami’s that will play havoc on earth. If that’s what it takes to rid us of Uribe I’m all for it. Bring it on, Nibiru.

Because he’s young and has perceived potential, I’m guessing that Zach Lee is still in demand by teams looking to build a stockpile of young pitching. Besides, if he’s moved, it’s likely to be as part of a package. And whoever came over to the Dodgers would probably bring along a large contract that a non-contending team would likely want to rid themselves of. It’s not good that he’s having problems, but I doubt if it’s fatal. Actually, in looking at the line above, it appears that the main culprit may be control. 4 BB’s in 3.2 innings means he was likely working behind a lot of hitters, and not hitting his spots, hence the large number of hits. I am guessing that teams interested in him are likely to figure that whatever is wrong is fixable, and would still be interested. Of course, I really don’t have a clue, but I don’t think it’s a bad guess.

Should have figured you would be the one who has actually heard of Nibiru Brooklyn. Living in Sedona, I get a lot of info sent to me regarding pole shifts and alien visitations.

I am not certain Zach Lee is in demand, but I’ll bet he is asked about more than any other Dodger prospect. If we intend to use him, I hope it’s in a deal for a significant player. I like the idea if Garza, a California guy with a consistent 200 IP sub 4 ERA. On the right team, that is 15 wins a year every year. Is this the right team? Not yet. I would rather use Lee in a blockbuster, but I don’t see that happening. Hope I am wrong about that too. Actually, when it comes to the Dodgers, I hope I am wrong about many things. So far, it’s gone pretty much as I expected it to. The Dodgers are on pace for about 87 wins. I still have the over 85 in that bet, but I thought that was actually optimistic.

Lee – I just have this feeling we paid that 5+ million $ bonus (more than twice what Kershaw got) for a trade chip. I could be wrong about that, but, if any substantial move is to be made this deadline, it will be Lee that is used to facilitate it. He’s 21. We already have over 5 million invested in him.How long to we wait to see if Lee is the best pitching prospect since Kershaw?

From MLB Trade Rumors (above), it’s now being surmised that the Dodgers have shifted their focus to Matt Garza. And the soap opera continues.

17. Hello, i believe that i saw you visited my weblog so
    i got here to return the choose?.I’m attempting to in finding issues to improve my website!I guess its adequate to use a few of your ideas!!

18. Hey would you mind letting me know which webhost you’re working with? I’ve loaded your blog
    in 3 completely different browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot faster then most.
    Can you recommend a good internet hosting provider at a reasonable price?
    Thanks, I appreciate it!

19. Anonymous says:

well mark if you do go to tomorrow’s game, i’ll see you there! i’ll be coming in from upstate so it’s about a 3.5 hr drive but i’ll be happy to see the boys in blue and check another stadium off the list in my quest to see ‘em all!

1. [...] The rest of the article can be found here: LADodgerTalk.com – Matt Kemp, Clayton Kershaw, Vin Scully, Andre Ethier and the Dodgers [...]

2. [...] the original post: Times Square – New York Tagged bills, dodger, dodgers blog, east, game, lilly, los angeles dodgers, mark, mark timmons, [...]