No, I’m not talking about the team. I’m talking about Magic Johnson. In the beginning, Magic said he was going to be “hands on” and there in his office everyday. He doesn’t have an office and he’s NEVER there. My only question is why did Guggs and Company feel they had to use Magic Johnson as a frontman? I’m fine with what is happening with the team, but overpaying by $500 million and then lying about McCourts’ ownership of the parking lots and finally the lie about Magic Johnson being involved. Why? Why? Why? Just tell us the truth. We can handle it, but we don’t forget the lies. Address the issue, say that Magic is no longer involved – NEVER REALLY WAS is actually the truth. Another “I told you so.” Steve Dilbeck of THE LA TIMES also addresses the issue.
OK, I’m done with that rant!
- Chad Billingsley looked quite accomplished for the first five innings, before he gave up 3 runs in the sixth. He actually pitched pretty well – just not as good as we expect. When you only score two runs, the odds of winning are pretty sliml, anyway. Last night’s loss wasn’t on Bills. Coffey and Wright haven’t pitched much lately and it showed and they gave up 5 runs.
- Don Mattingley was unimpressed with James Loney’s 2 for 3 last night as he said: “He got a couple of hits tonight, we’ll leave it there. We’ll see what happens tomorrow. I’ve been through this for three or four years with James.” James is getting dissed big time by his manager. WOW. It’s about time. Tony Jackson writes about this very thing today. On the other hand, if Loney starts hitting, it will be a big boost!
- Dee Gordon is still the starting SS. Period!
- Frequently, I am blacked out of MLB Games, so last night I went to www.HideMyAss.com and bought their service. They give you an IP Address wherever you select. I am evidently too close to Cincinnati, even though I don’t get Cincy TV, so MLB blacked me out. I went on Hide My Ass and selected my IP Address as being in Dallas, Texas and Presto, I had the game. Take that MLB!
- IDJ2 gets sent down and goes 3-6 – Good For him!
- Logan White will probably look a lot better with all the international signings by the Dodgers – It is a numbers game and the bigger the number, the better the results.
- Juan Uribe’s career is over – it just hasn’t been announced. He doesn’t even know…
- Jared Massey’s Minor League Report -7-2-12
- Here’s a photo I took of Bill Russell and DRomo lounging by the pool. Nice!