Categorized | David Caldwell

The Han Man Can!

Not only did Hanley put the dogs up in the bottom of the 10th on a bomb to left center field, he prevented me from having a heart attack.

“Hanley has lost his mojo”….yaaaa, ok!!!!  He was bored in Miami!  This kid can play.  Clutch hit in clutch times!

This game could have easily gone either way. Fife looked awful in the first two innings and later looked untouchable as he out pitched Matt Cain.

We are lucky we didn’t lose Jerry Hairston for the season trying to catch a foul ball and running over the bullpen mound in the bottom of the 4th.  They need to fix this in San Fran before someone gets seriously injured.

The dogs came together as a team tonight and won a gut wrencher.  This was a TEAM effort and hopefully gets the ball rolling for this offense.

• Kemp was 0’fer but made decent contact, I say he goes yard tomorrow, HE IS DUE!!!!!!!!
  • Ethier and Loney heating up?
  • Will the real Chad Billingsley please stand up?
  • Rumor mill likes Morneau in Dodger blue
    1. Hairston
    2. Ramirez
    3. Kemp
    4. Ethier
    5. Morneau
    6. Mark Ellis
    7. Cruz
    8. A.J. Ellis
    9. Pitcher

That’s my line-up.  Still waiting on Dempster……..

32 Responses to “The Han Man Can!”

I think we need to keep Hanley at 5. Ethier needs the protection.

I’d eventually like:

gordon
    ellis
    kemp
    ethier
    hanley
    morneu
    soriano
    ellis

i know i’m wishing with the soriano thing, but replace him with victorino or pence if need be

I’m sure Kemp will come around. He was chasing pitches the other day, and it looks to me now that he’s pulling the ball too much. Over the years I’ve observed that when Kemp pulls the ball he has a tendency to hit it on the ground a lot. He’ll pull one out of the park on occasion, but he hits best when going up to the middle and to right center. Probably just a matter of time before he finds himself.

Nice to see Hanley come up big tonight. When Kemp comes around, and Ethier as well, and the Dodgers pick up another offensive piece or two, this team will finally have a run producing offense that will rid us of close game after close game. A lot of pressure will come off the pitching staff, and the bullpen in particular. Nothing is guaranteed, but if all the pieces fall into place (including some additional pitching), I don’t see how the Dodgers can do anything but win.

3. Rob says:

The midget fans up here in northern Cali are shaking in their boots. I like how they countered our trade with Scutaro, how pathetic. The midget fans are quickly realizing the dodgers will soon be the Yankees of the west coast.

4. ken says:

Cool – Really early post by the new guy!

New wish list :)
    1. Victorino – CF
    2. Headley – 3B
    3. Kemp – LF
    4. Ethier – RF
    5. Rameriz – SS
    6. Morneu – 1B
    7. Ellis/Gordon – 2B (Both are currently platoon guys)
    8. Ellis – C
    9. Pitcher

Fife – Lucky is bettter than good, and he is getting better.

Bring back Kennedy and DFA Uribe PLEASE!!!!!!!

Hairston’s tumble brought back memories of Gibson (who made the catch) in 1988.

Loney is heating up when there is no pressure. He is improving. His batting approach is better and the minor changes in his swing actually give him the chance to be average.

Dodger power outage by position compared to other MLB teams
    Difference between BA ranking and OPS ranking

1B 11
    LF 9
    PH 7
    RF 4
    2B 3
    3B 2
    SS 2
    C 1
    CF -2 (The only positive power position for the Dodgers)

5. the truth hurts says:

ken, you wanted it by 6am, so I said 2am!

So I realized that if you have a xbox 360, there is a free mlbtv app which allows you to watch the games through your television…IT IS AWESOME!…(you need the mlbtv subscription)

any game, high def, controls at your fingertips, on your tv

it blows extra innings out of the water (limited games/limited high def)

just a heads up to anyone who did not know this was available this year

thanks to red sox/yankees, i am gonna be blacked out today, sucks!

Amazingly, in the last 158 games, Loney is hitting .288. Though his year end numbers seem to be very similar every year, during the season he is the model of incosistency.

I still want Longoria. And Utley. And I would trade every top prospect we have to get them, including Lee and Gordon.

I know he is just another fan with access to a computer, but, Longoria is a Southern Cal guy and grew up a Dodger fan. Bring him home. Same with Utley.

7. Corey says:

Lot of rumors out there about who LA is trying to pick up before the deadline. Refreshing to know that we actually have a chance, and a better than average chance at that, to pick up an impact player or 3. Han Ram sure looks good so far. I would love to see us get Pence and Morneau or Lahair. Badger hit the nail on the head with Loney. He’s been hitting .288 over the last 158 games, but is so inconsistent and grounds into so many dp’s with NO POWER.

8. the truth hurts says:

*top of the 10th

With what the Angels gave up for Greinke, should make Shields affordable. If it’s him, I am ok with that. He is a SoCal guy and should thrive in Chavez Ravine. I am ok with Dempster too.

But what about a left fielder? How come I am not hearing a lot of chatter about Willingham? The guy has some real thunder in his bat, and Minnesota is going nowhere with him. GET HIM JED!

I said it before and I’ll say it again, we are ok with Loney in the lineup batting 7th if we can get power somewhere else. If we can get Morneau, fine, but he is expensive and I would rather upgrade at 3b, 2b and lf. Maybe Hanley can play outfield? Anybody know?

I still want Longoria/Wright at 3rd, Utley at 2nd, and Willingham in LF. I want it all and more.

• the truth hurts says:

Badger, i love it, we just need to get EVERYONE…

Ramirez SS
      Utley 2B
      Kemp CF
      Longoria 3B
      Ethier RF
      Willingham LF
      Loney 1B
      Ellis C
      Pitcher’s Spot

Wow…do dreams come true?

YES!!! tell ‘em the truth truth!

Let be known to all Southern California players that if they want to come be a part of a Los Angeles Dodgers Championship then we will do everything we can to make it happen.

And pry Scoscia away from the Angels. He never belonged there anyway. Trade Donnie for Mike, throw in Uribe and we will pay for his salary. He could be a DH against LH pitching. I checked his stats and Uribe actually hits LH A.L. pitching at a .385 clip. (I made that up, but don’t tell anybody)

• Kris says:

Hey Badger, you’re not just dreaming…what drugs are you on and will you share?

10. jerry says:

gordon speed doesnt do any one any good if he cant hit..i like cruz over gordon. gordon i think has 21 era.s cruz 1

• Jae says:

Of course, Gordon gets to balls Cruz only dreams about and has been playing baseball 9 less years!

You’ll be one of those guys who complains if the Dodgers trade him and he becomes an All-Star!

Seriously, if somebody isn’t Mike Trout the second they come up people want to dump them.

Dee Gordon will be an all star, but if he isn’t one 5 min after being called up, people do not want to give him a chance.

12. ken says:

Is the task of catching SF to win the division or catching Pittsburgh to win the wild card easier? The Dodgers are presently 2 games behind both teams.

Interesting lineup today

Mark Ellis, 2B
    Andre Ethier, RF
    Matt Kemp, CF
    Hanley Ramirez, 3B
    Jerry Hairston Jr., LF
    Juan Rivera, 1B
    Luis Cruz, SS
    A.J. Ellis, C
    Chad Billingsley, P

Lets see if guts beats ability today.

Can’t wait for Kennedy to come off the DL and platoon with Ellis. Never thought that I would say that :)

13. ken says:

64 degrees and 10 mph wind to RF today. Hopefully Bills can last more than 90 minutes today.

Swing at Zito’s first pitch fastballs today. PLEASE!!

14. Kris says:

“Kemp was 0’fer but made decent contact, I say he goes yard tomorrow, HE IS DUE!!!!!!!!”

…I swear dude, you must be psychic! Any other predictions, oh great Carnack?

I understand why Donnie put ‘dre in the 2 hole, but so far it ain’t working. I think I would have had Hairston leading off, but that’s just me.

We have to remember that this is Gordon’s learning year. He will learn how to hit better with more at bats. I really believe that. Too bad he went down as these games would be great OJT games.

• the truth hurts says:

lol, Thanks Kris, every dog has its day!

I just hope my original prediction comes true…

go blue!

15. Rob says:

Bills looks like an ace today!!

16. the truth hurts says:

eric karros is a HATER!

17. ken says:

Appropriate – Good Bills and Bad Penny pitching today.

Lilly and RDLR going to RC tommorrow. With 46 guys on the 40 man roster, when some of these guys come of the 60 Day then players will have to finally be DFAd. YEA!!!!

Angle
    Uribe
    ???

18. jerry says:

gordon will never be that good ..because he doesnt listen..he is stubon, other wise he could good be great.

1. [...] this link: The Han Man Can! Tagged attack, ball, bottom, clutch, dogs, hanley, heart, kemp, morneau, won, yard. Bookmark the [...]