Junkyard Dogism – def. “The State of being a junkyard dog, that is an under-appreciated, plain and untalented species which on occasion can rise and bite someone in the ass.”
Going into the last game before the All-Star Break, the Dodgers can still be in first place if they win or the Giants lose. Who expected that? Who expected that when they Dodgers have half their team in the hospital? Never underestimate the power of “Junkyard Dogism.”
It’s appropriate that the biggest Junkyard Dog of them all, Chris Capuano, is going for his 10th win today. He’s a junkyard dog because no one (except me) expected him to amount to much for the Dodgers this year. He’s a junkyard dog because he has came back from Tommy John Surgery, not once, but twice! He should have been on the All-Star team but Tony LaRussa was too busy with his girlfriend to notice. He’s a junkyard dog because he doesn’t have great stuff – he can’t blow you away with his fastball, but he pitches with deception and finesse. This junkyard dog wants to win today to show it was a travesty that he was left off the All-Star team. Never underestimate the power of Junkyard Dogism.
Jerry Hairston is a junkyard dog. AJ Ellis is a junkyard dog. They both brought their A-Game last night. Thrust into the cleanup spot, James Loney, a freakin’ French Poodle, went 0-4 – he’s not a junkyard dog. French poodles are not allowed.
Juan Uribe isn’t a junkyard dog. Junkyard dogs aren’t fat – Uribe at .194 can’t even hit his weight. Eat the contract Ned, The Dodgers need Junkyard Dogs, not Junkyard Hogs!
Chad Billingsley is not a Junkyard Dog. The thing that you can always count on with Chad is that you can’t count on him.
Bobby Abreu is a Junkyard Dog. Plucked from the scrap yard, he continues to get the hits and even catches in LF. Luis Cruz and Elian Herrera are both where they were never expected to be. Don’t expect super numbers, but they are true Junkyard Dogs.
Junkyard Dogs – you have kept the Dodgers in first Place and I honor you! Soon, the Lineup will have Matt Kemp, Andre Ethier and Mark Ellis playing every day and you will have to be at the ready. Junkyard dogs always are. Soon, another big bat may join you. We will wait with baited breath.
P.S. Kevin Youkilis hit a 2-Run HR to lead the White Sox to a 2-0 win yesterday. Moron.
- Corey Seager went 3-5 in his second minor league game for Ogden. He did make an error at SS. Here we go….
- Josh Fields was 3-5 (all singles) yesterday and is hitting .344. His lack of “POP” is unexplained.
- Jerry Sands went 2-4 and is up to .259.
- John Ely pitched 6 innings and gave up 3 runs to get his 6th loss to go with 8 wins. His ERA is 3.22.
- Allen Webster went 6 innings and allowed 2 ER, lowering his ERA to 4.30 after a horrific start of the season, but Red Patterson got the win (his ERA is 2.28) for Chatt.
- Nick Buss had 4 hits and Kyle Russell 2.
- Bobby Coyle went 4-4 at Rancho.
- Jesmuel Valentin went 0-4 for AZL and Jordon Hershiser pitched 1.1 scoreless innings, allowing no hits or walks and striking out two.
- Ryan Dempster could be a Dodger before the next game after the break.