I love the sound of fine broom bristles sweeping the San Francisco Giants on a Sunday afternoon.
What a statement series! We manned up, we rolled up our sleeves, ripped off the training wheels and swept the Giants in the Bay!
This team has found an identity and it’s in the form of what I will call, “HanMan Glasses”.
I don’t care how weird it looks or how childish it is but since Hanley arrived, the team has embraced the “HanMan Glasses” and it seems to have added a little humor and excitement in the dog’s dugout. Simply reach base, take your thumb and index finger, make a circle and put them up against your eyes, look in the dugout and yell……….”I SEE YOU!!!”
“I See You”- I got your back, now you get mine, this is OUR team, lets do this! I love it!
Someone would be smart to market “HanMan Glasses” and start selling them at Dodger Stadium….just sayin……
From now on, any Dominican player with the last name Ramirez that is available at the trade deadline…sign him, get him, I don’t care…..just make it happen.
As seen in the sweep, the team came together to reclaim the top spot in the west. As I watched this series, it became more evident that we are simply a better team than the Giants. Maybe because Sandoval was out, but their line-up other than Melky and Posey is just not that intimidating. Is that the pot calling the kettle black?
To the pitching staff, hats off to the following:
- Kershaw-As Mark predicted, Kershawshank Redemption at its finest!!!
- Kershaw again
If these guys stay on this pace, watch out!
Eric Karros so “kindly” pointed out over 500 times Saturday that we have a much more difficult schedule than the Giants the rest of the way. I don’t think there is really an “easy” schedule in MLB.
This game of baseball is all about highs and lows, so let me get off my high horse before we come crashing back down to earth.
The amount of anticipation surrounding the next big move is overwhelming. What team will we see come Wednesday?
- We have all been here with Bills, is another heartbreak coming?
- Cruz, how can you not love this kid right now?
- Morneau and Victorino- All for it! Victorino is the guy you hate on any other team. Would love to see his scrappy self play for us.
- Dempster wants to be a Dodger, come on Ned!!!!
- Harang got the short end of the stick in his last start in St. Louis, throwing a 2-hitter and getting a no decision. Mattingly let him pitch into the 7th inning which was a bad call and led to the loss- he was gassed and I think everyone except for Don saw it. Remember, it was over 100 degrees.
- “We understand, this is our year”-Clayton Kershaw post-game
- Loney hitting .345 in last 10 games
- Our biggest test might be right in front of us with Arizona, they are like snakes just lying in the grass….wait a minute….
- Cahill goes Monday for the Dbacks, 2-0 w/ 1.96 ERA in 18 innings against the blue
- Keep Young in check, .353 against Harang
Harang, also known as, “youuu rangggg???”
We see you!