Blogger Night – A Disease?

Well it’s not that bad… and maybe I’ve become cynical, but when  I got the invite I wasn’t excited.

Friday, July 13th is Blogger Night.  Yawn…

I had the time to spare.  I had the money.  I just didn’t want to go.

Maybe it was because when  the Dodgers started allowing “bloggers” to sit in the pressbox, I was the first one to be there! Not a blogger from LA, but a stinking blogger from Indiana.  Who knew?

I thank Josh Rawitch for that (hope all is well in AZ, Josh – I have your number but I haven’t called… sorry, maybe someday!).

I am sure if I was there, there would be some fireworks.  I would have to tell the moron from the LFP that he is a punk and a hypocrite (to say nothing of being a cretin) and maybe beat his ass.  In case he doesn’t know what “cretin” means, here’s the definition:  “A Person that is: brainless, stupid, child-like, and full of pointless information that makes no sense and appeals only to other cretins. They can be found in abundance in every single populated internet forum, where they race to post as many mind-numbing messages as possible in a single session. In addition, they seemingly interbreed with other cretins, ensuring that their cretinous genes continue long after they end up dead meaning the Internet will never be rid of their kind. More’s the pity.”

I would have to hear Ned Colletti say that he is working overtime looking for deals that will help the Dodgers and blah, blah, blah.  Then Stan Kasten would come in and say that Dodger Pride is alive and well,  and finally Magic would walk in and make me vomit!  I can script the whole thing.

I had no desire to go and see anyone but Jon Weisman.

I would pay admission to see him.  For the record, I think he is struggling with the blogging thing, like me.

I do wish Roberto a FULL and speedy recovery – he is a good kid.

Anyway, this is my swan song.  I was never a writer, as many of you so eloquently pointed out.  I will be rooting for the Dodgers.  I will be watching the Dodgers.  I just won’t be writing for the Dodgers.

I have to do other things.  I hope you understand.

I have been doing this for over 10 years.  It’s time.

I’ll be reading the blogs:  Mostly Mike Petriello and Jon Weisman, that are relevant.  Jared Massey is a friend and a good writer who is at Ladugout.com  (Good Luck, Jared).

Will I ever be back?  I have no clue – never say “Never.”

Believe me, I will be rooting for the Dodgers – maybe I’ll post something from time-to-time, but I’m done for now.

I love you all… even Mike Dixon.

If someone wants to take this blog over, let me know.  I’ll help you if I can.

I’m off for a week with my wife of 15 years to celebrate our anniversary in Newport, Rhode Island.

Goodbye!

mark@ladodgertalk.com

39 Responses to “Blogger Night – A Disease?”

1. Bball says:

This is it mark. I just got started on this blog. I love talking dodgers with real fans. Anyway if this is it. I really enjoyed it and good luck to u and your family in whatever u do

Scroll down a little bit to see Puig. Dude looks like he could be starting with Urlacher and Briggs for my Bears!!!!!

3. ken says:

Badger can do it, he has mellowed out over the years.

Mark is right, there are a lot more important things going on then the Dodgers.

When Vinny retires I will stop listening to the games.

Adios amigo.

I don’t want to take over. I tried writing some, and, I rather not take it up again. I am just a poster with an opinion, like most everybody else. Not that it counts but my vote goes to Brooklyn and ken.

5. Dusto says:

I’ m sure plenty think its easy to be a writer, but it isn’t. I have respect for anyone that can do it for any extended period of time and leave on their own terms. I’d love to give a try, but not being from LA would hamper my efforts, among other things. Those things… everything that I think and do would not be well received, particularly at this site.

GO DODGERS!

I’m busy like Mark, and like Badger I’m just a poster with an opinion. Haven’t even been on here much lately. Maybe I’ll retire as a blogger, at least temporarily.

What I have always liked about this place was the intimacy. Most of us here know each other for a while as it is a small group. For the most part opinions at least get heard, if not always agreed with. Other sites have good writers, but posting gets lost – hundreds of posts by guys who like to pop off with short nothings and often are just trying to be clever, offering little real baseball talk. I’ll miss this place, and won’t likely post anywhere else.

Mark you can’t go out on a night where Jon Broxton blows a save against the White Sox by giving up 2 walks and 2 hits in one inning.
    All kidding aside, I feel the same way as Badger. I’m been here for 5 or 6 years now and it feels like home. I hope you’ll take off one or two weeks and get re-energized. Come back and keep us entertained. Where else will we get Ken’s stats, Badgers/Gonzo/Dromo’s experence, Roger and Michael’s wisdom, Brooklyn’s insight, Bobby’s funny one liners and Mike Dixon and others trying to piss Mark off on a daily basis. COME ON BACK IN A FEW WEEKS. We will reserve your spot. Thanks for everything. If nothing else, I hope to see you at Spring Training every year.

9. The Bunny Rabbit inside Broxton's Soul says:

Good riddance

10. ken says:

Mark

Just post the date every day and let everyone say whatever they want until the place gets unrulely.

11. ucladodgerdog says:

Don’t let the door hit you in the _______ on the way out.

Mark, take care of the priorities on your plate that you have now, recharge and rejuvenate and we’ll see you hopefully sooner rather
    than later.
    Those of us that have been around for a few years know you have retired more often than Brett Farve, the only exception being that you aren’t past your prime and embarrasing yourself.
    Peace man, bleed Blue and hurry back.

Never can say goodbye

13. Roger Dodger / AnewBlueDay says:

Sorry to have been posting so little of late.

We are moving, right now, 2 miles away. Mark has been to our home in Helotes, TX (on the edge of San Antonio) — but this big house and lots of land — to a garden home, 2 miles away.

Signed for the house Thur, moving over this weekend and big stuff on Monday — then Tue DirecTV and phone/internet, etc. So will be down for a bit.

Nice win last night. Ellis was on the spot. Saved the Dodgers, Clayton’s butts.

The format of this site is far superior to what I’ve seen elsewhere, and is, I believe, responsible for the intimacy that Badger cites. Other sites offer good writing, e.g., MSTI (Mike Petriello, Dodger Thoughts (Jon Weisman), but the posting really does get lost. In fact, on those sites I generally don’t even read the posts.

Some people need to learn a little civility. I won’t name names, but there are a couple of posts above that are simply in bad taste. I think anyone with a functioning brain (which is most, but not all of us) can figure out who I’m referring to.

At first glance, Ken might have a good idea about just posting the date everyday (or some variation of that) to keep the conversation going. And then when you have time, add a little extra. But if not, I understand, since I know how other higher priority obligations can get in the way of things we enjoy, but just can’t find the time to do. I’ve gotten so busy lately that I can’t find time to watch games, especially since they’re so late here on the east coast.

Best of luck Mark. Hope this site stays up, and that maybe someone picks it up.

15. Mike Dixon says:

Hope you come back Mark…You’ll be missed….

16. El_Che says:

Withrow & Gould for Dempster ? Wat do youu guys think?

17. Broxton's Bunny Soul says:

Civility? This blog has civility? His classy last post calls out another blogger who he threatens to beat up if he ever sees again, just because he called his Hiroki Kuroda post offensive on his blog. His attempts at humor stink. Once a douchebag, always a douchebag. He treats people who disagree with him like shit on here. As long as you slurp everything he says, like Jae, he treats you fine. If u disagree, you get ridiculed and sometimes blocked. It’s his blog and he can run it however he wants. It doesn’t mean you can’t call him out on it. This is an average blog site with a substandard blog host.

His saying, Have a take and don’t suck. He hasn’t followed his own rule in years.

So I say good riddance

• Reggie says:

I do not post here much because I work two jobs with crazy hours, but I appreciate all that Mark does. Having been a reader here for over 5 years, I can tell you that Mark does not suffer fools, which is why the Bunny Soul does not like him. He is one of the biggest fools I have seen.

Th word I would use is horses ass to be exact. He is evidently too big of an idiot to understand that all he has to do is stay away from this blog if he feels that way. That, in itself should give you a glimpse of his intellect (or lack thereof, I should say).

Good Luck Mark!

• Mark_Timmons says:

Broxton’s Bunny Soul,

David Weiner is your real name. How appropriate!

You are tall and skinny and work at Channel 8 in Las Vegas.

You tweet a lot – I could comment on that, but it’s not necessary.

You are pathetic and that is your God-given right!

If I wanted to be mean I would publish you e-mail and phone number.

• The Bunny Rabbit inside Broxton's Soul says:

Pot calling kettle black

• The Bunny Rabbit inside Broxton's Soul says:

At least I’ve never ever seen the inside of a prison cell

• Mark_Timmons says:

Nice – I kind of expected that. Here’s what you don’t know: that is slander. Pure and simple. I was exonerated and have no record. It is a legal nullity, so if someone wants to say that kind of stuff, I have the right to sue.

Normally, I wouldn’t do that, but I might make an exception in your case. I know who you are and where to serve you. Tread lightly because you are way out of your league here. I guarantee that!

It’s one thing to be anonymous and bad mouth someone on a blog. It’s entirely another to slander someone – especially when you are not anonymous!

You are pathetic indeed. At least you are qualified as a critic. And you know what critics are.

Low blow a$$hole.

It would appear that Mark is right about you.

18. JOsh says:

Mike Scioscia’s Illness is GONE!

19. DodgerDude says:

Mark, you always make us think outside the box. Of course, no one is always right, but it has been fun.

I don’t know how you put up with some of the idiots here (there are only a few).

Good Luck!

“This is an average blog site with a substandard blog host.”

So why do you bother to post?

Thanks for the kind words.

Peace out!

22. Roger Dodger / AnewBlueDay says:

I am not sure just what tomorrow will bring.

Will this thread stay up for a year?

Will someone have the authority to start a daily thread or file each day, and we fans just post away?

Will someone grab the thing and run it in some daily fashion?

Of all the other Dodger fan sites, I also post at LADugout “Scout” –

I get in this way: http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=283

then click on the top one: Los Angeles Dodgers —–

They have::: a day game folder; Prospect news; Rumors & Trades; Season thread, and more. Very knowledgable.

I would be glad to give someone the authorization to post here or put up a new page every day. The blog will stay up. If you want to do it, let me know. I might post on occasion…

I haven’t always agreed with Mark, and we have had our bouts, but I have always respected what he does here. I hope he just takes some time off and comes back. And, if anyone else wants to keep it going, I will keep coming in.

Dempster looked good again today. His value is going up. Yeah, I would do that trade too.

25. the truth hurts says:

hey mark-i work from home mostly and would have time to start a daily thread….

it would be a shame to see the site not run properly….we just need to bide some time and let you re-energize! I agree, this blog feels completely different then any others I visit and feels like a online dodger “family”

if no one else is willing, the truth can set us free

badger/brooklyn, reconsider?

Well, I stayed up tonight to watch the game. Would have been better off going to sleep. And if my eyes were seeing things correctly, not only was Jansen looking at the ground and not paying attention to the runner at third, but A.J. Ellis was doing pretty much the same thing. Looked like he too was looking at the ground. Were he not, he would have seen the runner coming home and likely could have gotten Jansen’s attention to throw the ball home sooner.

Well, at least I hope some lessons were learned. Dodgers play too many tight games for this kind of thing to happen.

1 and 2 just fell asleep. These kind of things should not happen to well coached teams. That was embarrassing.

1. [...] here to read the rest: Blogger Night – A Disease? Tagged cretin, dodgers blog, good, jared, josh, los angeles dodgers, mark timmons, rooting, [...]