What Do You Say?

Chad Billingsley is not as bad as we think.  He’s also not as good as a number two should be.  He needs a change of scenery, I think.

Kevin Youkilis for Chad Billingsley, then get Cole Hamels.  Simple!  Not really…

This is a bad streak that all teams have – it will pass!  I promise.

Jared Massey’s Minor League Report – 6/22/12

35 Responses to “What Do You Say?”

You never know which Bills you are going to get. I wish he were more consistent, but when he is good, he is very good. With one starter already down, and Kershaw with a pedal owie, can we afford to trade a healthy starter? I say we keep him, and let him get his 6 IP per outing and hopefully he gives the team 190 IP.

Bills for Youkliss? At this point I’d trade Bills for a Fenway Frank.

In the bottom of the 2nd yesterday, when it was 5-0 LA, I texted my buddy and said “watch, bills will blow this” Sure enough, our “#2″ couldn’t wait to give away a 5-0 lead. That was a demoralizing loss.

It’s time for a serious shakeup.

If this stuff can be believed, then the Dodgers are one of many in on Youkilis.

Is Hanley available? I’d prefer him, even at the higher cost. Then again we could go for both, Hanley at 3B, Youk at 1B. All sounds so simple, but we all know it’s not.

Scoring early and shutting it down for the rest of the game is nothing new with the Dodgers. And it’s the reason that the offense needs to be upgraded.

Billingsley is exasperating, no doubt about that. And as I noted in the previous thread, his contract might not be easy to unload w/o sacrificing something on the return. But if he’s traded, then the Dodgers need to have something else on the fire that will bring in another pitcher or two. Hamels would be nice, but the cost would be large.

For me, I still think it might not be a bad idea to send Billingsley to the bullpen where he had success in 2007, when I remember him hitting 97 mph. It’s 5 years later, so I don’t know if he would have the same success now. But it might be worth a try. Maybe like Gagne (w/o the PED’s), he needs to be limited to shorter stints.

4. ken says:

Even after the enormous hitting barrage last night only 2 players have BA above .250 in the last 7 days. Can’t expect the pitching to carry the team every night.

Pulling Kennedy who hits LHP very well for Uribe who can’t hit a LHP is the most moronic thing I have seen this year. Incompetent, now that is a certain I can’t bunt guy.

Bills just needs to have a blood test to see if he has a potassium deficiency or some other curable medical issue. He sweats like a person with a chemical imblance. Or maybe it is just the space between his ears. I know some people at the USADA that might be helpful.

5. ken says:

Just trade Uribe and lots of cash for Youk. That would be the acceleration of salary as opposed to deferred comp during the McCheap days. When you want to rent a player it will cost you some cold hard cash. Bud is not going to monitor the Dodger salaries in 2012 but he might in 2013, and with this trade Uribe’s 2013 salary would be gone.

That is right buy out some contracts during 2012, clean up the salaries and then go to the free agency market in 2013 with a lower beginning team salary.

“Talks are described as “intense” according to Scott Miller of CBSSports.com. He says the Red Sox will pay a significant portion of the $7.5MM or so left on Youkilis’ contract in any trade scenario.”

Well, there you go. Sounds to me like whoever offers the best second tier prospect gets Youkilis for nothing. We got plenty of those – I say go for it.

Bills will give the team 190+ innings of 4.0. Who we got that is going to replace that? We can’t just dump him. One thing he does do is take the ball 32 times a year.

Maybe some team with a huge ballpark (Seattle?) would have some interest in him. Or, since you know he blows up a lot, you willing to send him to Petco where we will face him a few times a year? AND….. you all ready to pick up a big part of the 33M or so (club option 3M buyout in ’15) that is left on that contract the Jedster gave him?

Last I heard Loney was rumored to go to Houston for Carlos Lee. Hanley sounds like the best player name I’ve hear since Garza’s name was mentioned. Get R Done

Where are you guys seeing the Hanley rumors? I would send almost anyone if we could add that bat!ALMOST anyone…

I started them.

Ok I got a feeling (no, not that tonight’s gona be a good night), that we’re getting Youk, and we’re getting him before the weekend is up. We will require Boston to pay less salary in exchange for giving them a lesser prospect. Youk will split between 1b and 3b, and this will ensure we have all of our prospects available for a bigger piece (Hamels, Lee, King Felix, etc).

Well, Badger is right about a lot of things. Maybe he’s clairvoyant. Hanley for the entire Dodgers farm system. No brainer.

Marlins are tripping all over themselves. Lost again today. Something like 15 of 17. If they keep it up, that whole roster could be for sale. Though he had an off year last year… and isn’t exactly tearing it up this year….Hanley could be a very good fit in L.A.. He is signed through ’14 for A LOT OF MONEY…….. just sayin’………….. maybe he wants out of Miami, and maybe the Marlins don’t want to pay him that huge contract he is owed.

It COULD work…….

13. Jae says:

Mark suggested that Hanley Ramirez would be a good fit in LA. He can play SS too if Dee falters.

You’re right Jae. I hadn’t read it but Mark suggested it on May 4th. I looked it up. I wasn’t around then. He was talking about Hanley in the same post where he said Pujols was old and slow and confused and the Angels weren’t so good. SO….. he got something right that day.

14. Bob says:

Mark, he’s as bad as we think. Did you see the catch Ethier made? That would have been another bunch of runs. He needs change of scenery and a different look form a different pitching coach. But not pitching in Dodger Stadium half the time will probably shoot up his era even further.

15. the truth hurts says:

Kershaw
    Hamels
    Capuano
    Bills
    Eovaldi

wishful thinking?

Hope it happens. But lots of names (big leaguers and prospects) would be leaving the Dodgers. But if it can happen, I’m all for it. Just not holding my breath.

Dee says “Do you Love me now?”

18. ken says:

Nice to see the Dodgers back to playing the Dodger way. Better defense, good pitching, lucky pitching, good relief, timely hitting, bad plays by the other team.

The Best average team in the history of MLB. :)

An attitude is in the eye of the beholder.

Apparently Mattingly doesn’t think he has an attitude. In fact, he thinks Dee is going to be a “great player”. Somehow, I have more faith in Mattingly’s opinion.

Dee played baseball today like a professional SS and lead-off hitter. If he could only keep that pace.

Pitching. It wins again.

Agree Badger, Dee looked good today. Mark’s 20 game winner is looking like our #2. Please win tomorrow so I can wear my hat around town………………

Any ideas on the return of Kemp and Mark Ellis? What’s up with Lilly?

Come on Ken you have been right about so much that you can admit that you’re wrong about Dee’s attitude. If he get’s bunting down he will be another Dodger great.

Like the truths roster up above. I was hoping for a better LFer however, I wouldn’t get pickie…………….

• the truth hurts says:

Bill, trust me, it took all I had not to add a LF to the wishlist!!!….I guess I am just hoping for a Rivera resurgence with the likes of ramirez/youkilis added to the lineup….and Kemp coming back of course……might even light a fire under Dee…

Never going to happen though…..or will it? ha

I am going to add fantasy players at every corner position to my wish list. We can start that by moving Kemp to a corner outfield position and grabbing a third baseman at the deadline. Herrera actually looks fine in center for now (and he got robbed of a basehit on a beautiful drag bunt), and Loney…… eh, Loney. I keep thinking he will light it up this month, and he is not (.271 so far) but he still has a week left.

It was a win….. but we got 2 earned on 4 hits – 4 for 32. That ain’t gonna get it on 8 out of 10 nights. We need better hitting. We need some Magic.

Make it happen Guggenjohnson.

24. Gionfriddo says:

STOP with the Hanley Ramirez junk.. Have you guys checked our system?? We have ONE Hi-A hitter that might intrigue other MLB teams (joc pederson).. the rest of our upper level “prospects” are suspects– Van Slyke, Sands, Ericksen, Russell, Fedorowicz, etc… Please, to pull a Ramirez deal it’s going to take a boatload and we don’t have that to give.. Our best bet is going to be to pull off the Youk deal– Gould or Webster should get it done… Youk with a healthy Kemp & Ellis come July 7th will do wonders for this inept offense…

Oh, I don’t know friddo – Lee, Webster and Pederson is a good start. Throw in Gould, Reed or Windblown too. Don’t forget Ramirez hasn’t really earned in his money for a couple of years now.

But I do agree Youk is much more likely. We don’t even know if Ramirez is for sale. Actually, he isn’t – yet.

26. Hi my family member! I want to say that this post is amazing, great written and come with almost all important infos. I’d like to look more posts like this .