- Hiroki Kuroda is 4-6 with a 3.82 ERA for the Yankees and has given up 70 hits in 68 innings with a 1.35 WHIP. Aaron Harang is 4-3 with a 3.90 ERA for the Dodgers and has given up 63 hits in 64 innings with a 1.35 WHIP. Chris Capuano is 7-2 with a 2.50 ERA AND HAS GIVEN UP 49 HITS IN 68 INNINGS WITH A 1.08 WHIP (61 K’S). I mention this because Ned bought Harang AND Caps for the cost of Kuroda. Who looks like the dummy now? I liked the deals then – I like them better now. Capuano is actually the Dodgers Number Two and Harang is a solid Number Four. Good Job, Ned!
- It sounds encouraging for Ted Lilly – he may actually be back by the end of the month.
- If Gwynn continues his solid play, could Kemp go to LF when he comes back to reduce strain on his leg? It’s HAS to be a consideration!
- I keep telling you that Castellanos is a stone-cold hitter. He’s a line-drive guy with gap power who I believe will be a .300 hitter. Where his glove plays is the question? I know he’s played third frequently, but I don’t know how well. He is probably an 8-12 HR guy, but if he can hit .300 (which I say he can), he can be a nice asset.
- Is Herrera for real or is he Oscar Robles? I don’t know yet, but I’ll take it.
- Colorado would be a perfect place to trade Loney, because he hits so well there, but I can’t see a trade fit on their roster.
- Is Kevin Youkilis healthy? If so, he’s probably the most viable option at 3B. Chase Headly is not an upgrade over Uribe in my opinion.
- Carlos Quentin is available, but is he with the prospects he would command, and is he really that much better than what the Dodgers now have? He is a HOT-COLD guy meaning he can carry a team and also be a black hole. He is also horrid in LF and has never played 1B because he has a cast iron glove.
- Russ Martin is hitting .190. WOW! Carlos Santana is hitting .245 with 5 HR for the Indians. He has shown flashes but would be backing up AJ Ellis (Freaking AJ Ellis) if he were in LA. So far, that deal is not as bad as people have made it out to be. Andrew Lambo is struggling to get playing time in AA. What a moron I was in promoting him.
- Sometimes, it just take patience – James McDonald will be 28 this year and is finally blooming! He is 4-2 as a starter with a 2.20 ERA and a 0.96 WHIP. 65 IP/44 H/19 BB/63 K’s and the league is hitting .196 against him. He’s the best one that got away. Way to go James! Let’s plot to get him back.
- Andre Ethier has been a modicum of consistency this year. He has matured and it is showing BIG TIME!
- Dee Gordon is slowly making quiet progress at #8. Just let him play is the answer, I guess.
- Scott Elbert is also slowly looking like he can pitch in the majors.
- Jared Massey’s Minor League Report – 6/2/12
- Nate Eovaldi tries for the win today. He may have difficulty with his curve-ball at Coors…
- Gordon back at leadoff – SS
- Hererra 3B
- Abreu LF
- Ethier RF
- Hariston 3B
- Loney 1B
- Ellis C
- Gwynn CF
I have no problem with Gordon back at the top, but I hate that Alex Castellanos is not in the lineup.