Andre Either was the Junkyard Dog of the Day on Sunday because his only hit was a Grand Slam. Herrera, Abreu and Gwynn (Certified Junkyard Dogs all) each played a role. Herrera is a “never was,” Gwynn is a “cast off” and Abreu was pulled from the bone pile. They are absolutely Junkyard Dogs and Andre is an honorary one. Shoot, even James Loney, Adam Kennedy and Dee Gordon got in the act, and Chad Billingsley pitched like a junkyard dog. He was actually pitching like the Number TWO that he should be. Who knew? Bills now is 4-4 with a 3.57 ERA.
- They (who is they?) say that Corey Seager is better than his brother Kyle and I like Kyle a lot. Some projections have Kory ready in 2013 – 2014, but I say it;s most like 2014 – 2015.
- Jorge Soler a Dodger? Maybe!!! Here’s the deal: No one knows how good he will be – the Dodgers should bid strong but not overpay. Overpay for what you know is good (Josh Hamilton).
- Shawn Tolleson looked like a deer-in-the headlights again at the beginning of his inning, but settled down and looked like he should belong in the LA pen for a long time.
- Jared Massey’s Minor League Report – 6/10/12
- Tim Lincecum has a 6.00 ERA after the loss yesterday. The Giants are 2-11 in games he has started! Imagine how good the Giants might be this year, if he was pitching like he used to. Is it an arm issue?
- Juan Uribe looks ready – he was 0-4 with 2 K’s yesterday – He’s in mid-season form!
- Dee Gordon is the lead-off hitter and starting short-stop on the team with the best record in baseball. Now, what were you saying about him?