Say I Believe

This is the Dodgers new theme song, or more like a mantra.  What can you say after last night’s come-from-behind win, except…

Say I Believe!

The band is Manowar, who is an American heavy metal band from Auburn, New York. Formed in 1980 the group is known for its lyrics based on fantasy (particularly sword and sorcery) and mythological topics (particularly Norse mythology) along with their “loud and bombastic” sound.

These guys just aren’t fazed when a brother goes down.  It is “Next Man Up.”  The key is MAN UP!

Two quotes I firmly believe in:

All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.
T.E. Lawrence

“The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire.”  Marshal Ferdinand Foch

The Boys of Summer are on fire.  Hang on and enjoy the ride.  You don’t know what will happen next.

Jared Massey’s Minor League Report 5/23/12

That’s all I have – Give it up for Destiny’s Dodgers!

19 Responses to “Say I Believe”

1. Jae says:

I BELIEVE!

The Dodgers should play this song whenever they are behind after the 7th inning! I can see the crowd rising and singing it together.

2. Reggie says:

I BELIEVE!

I believe I’ll wait a couple of months. Last year at this time S.F. was out in front, Arizona was in third place and Cleveland led all of baseball in wins.

In the mean time, things are going L.A.’s way. I think it’s the baseball gods smiling at the fact Paco McPestiferous is gone. Will it carry for a full year? Stranger things have happened.

• Ken says:

Believe in the 1950 Yankees model that includes lots of platooning and that maybe the Dodgers will continue to follow same model and succeed!

4. RogerCraig says:

You don’t play this good and end up being really bad. There will be ups and downs, but these guys win close games and pick each other up. Good pitching trumps everything and the Dodgers have good pitching.

Count me as a believer!

I don’t think anyone believes they will be bad Roger, but, I also think believing they will continue playing .698 ball is just a tad optimistic. That would be 113 wins, and, at the risk of sounding like a “Nellie”, I don’t think this team has 113 wins in them. This is a good streak, and it’s fun watching it, but eventually the team will come back to earth. It will be then that we will see what kind of club we really have.

San Francisco is cruising along at an 86 win pace, and I got a feeling Arizona will get it together before too long. They are not a sub .500 club. Not sure about Colorado, and San Diego will probably finish like they did last year.

Best headline I read today:

“de-JESUS SAVES”

I believe I always have

7. DodgerDude says:

I do think this team has 94 wins in them. Do the math.

x2 / a2 – y2 / b2 = 11/PI (integral)(-PI to PI) f^2(x) dx = a(0)^2 / 2 + (sum)(k=1..inf) (a(k)^2 + b(k)^2) {f(z) 1/sqrt(2PI) e(-z^2/2)= 94

Dang. You’re right.

9. DodgerDude says:

Is that the new math?

pie = hope and dreams plus a six-pack > underscore a DodgerDog < Farmer John's best + Tommy's hope = Duke's bat minus Garvey's private couch give us 2012.

11. Anonymous says:

Check out tonights lineup…..pretty hilarious.

CF Herrera
    LF Sands
    RF Abreu
    1B Van Slyke
    C Ellis
    2B De Jesus
    SS Gordon
    3B Sellers
    P Lilly

All I can say about tonight’s lineup is:

It is said, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God. (Luke 4:12 ACP/KJV)

Normally I’d laugh at that lineup, but considering how things are going, we might get 3 hr from the combo of Herrera, Sellers, and dejesus

One of these guys will hit for the cycle. Another drive in 7 runs . . .

But in reality it is a AAA line-up with Abreu trying to catch on to a team . . .

May MLB Stats

BA LAD 1st .288
    ERA LAD 2nd 2.93
    Wins LAD 2nd 14

Question: when Matt Kemp is activated, do you think he can crack the Dodger lineup?

I mean, the rest of the team is playing great.

Oh, tonight’s lineup was Mark’s suggestion to Donnie Boy. He wanted to really challenge the D-Backs.

SVS, “Daddy, it’s not fair, they are throwing the breaking ball to me, and I just have real problems with it.”

I believe that was ugly.