Categorized | Press Releases

SALE OF LOS ANGELES DODGERS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED

LOS ANGELES, May 1, 2012 – The Los Angeles Dodgers, Guggenheim Baseball Management LLC (“GBM”) and Frank McCourt today announced the completion of the sale of the Dodgers to GBM for $2 billion. As previously reported, the Dodgers’ new ownership includes Mark Walter as control person, Earvin “Magic” Johnson, and Stan Kasten as CEO of the organization.

The Los Angeles Dodgers stated, “The Dodgers emerge from the Chapter 11 reorganization process having achieved its objective of maximizing the value of the Dodgers through a successful Plan of Reorganization, under which all claims will be paid. The Dodgers move forward with confidence – in a strong financial position; as a premier Major League Baseball franchise; and as an integral part of and representative of the Los Angeles community.”

15 Responses to “SALE OF LOS ANGELES DODGERS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED”

Excellent! Now go get us a bat!!

2. Corey says:

Amen. We need a power bat at 1b, 2b, 3b, LF or Catcher….other than that our lineup is terrific…lol. We could easily allow Gordon to get himself going if we had some more help offensively. But the way they are constructed right now, his struggles are really putting a strain on the pithching.
    Rivera is better than anything else on the roster in LF, but I would still rather see Van Slyke or Sands get at least a month there to see if they can hold their own, or maybe take off.

Excellant now go get us some long relief pitchers

Their 16-7 record includes the second most wins in baseball behind Texas who made it to the WS the last 2 years.

That being said:

3 relief pitchers should be told today that if they do not improve they will be DFAd on 5/31/2012.

Is Mattingly a moron. He keeps saying that Lindblom is the Dodger long reliever. Just because he averages 1.20, not 1 2/3rds, innings per game does not qualify him to be called a long reliever. And you never not pitch a long reliever 11 out of 23 games.

Jansen 14 games and Guerra 12 games. Can Torre Jr. only remember the names of 3 relief pitchers?

I WANT A REAL LONG RELIEVER NOW!!! ANYONE WHO CAN PITCH 3 INNINGS EVERY 3RD DAY AND GIVE UP 2 OR LESS RUNS DURING THOSE 3 INNINGS.

I SAID NOW. :)

4. el_che says:

you cant really blame mattingly hes trying to win games its neds fault for signing mediocre relievers to guaranteed contracts. do u really want to see macdougal or coffey up there with the game on the line

If we are not blaming Mattingly for the roster Ned gave him, we shouldn’t blame Ned for the names he could sign and the money in which to make it happen. Ned has done the best he can in the circumstances I think. It is up to him to save his job now that the new ownership is in place. Trying to shop in the bargain barrel & put together a champion is no way to go.

• el_che says:

i understand but i was jus talking bout the relievers the guys doing good right now were from the farm n guys ned signd are just horrible

AMEN ROMO

When a team gets new ownership. And they come through the clubhouse and introduce themselves —

The team players are supposed to go out and win some games.

So far, lost 1 game and blowing up in the second game. Relief pitching is smelling up the place.

What a terrible top of the 9th for the Dodgers. Now let us see if the pitching by the Dodgers can hold a lead and a game.

Oh Shit, here comes Guerra. I almost feel as though Broxton is back. I’m holding my breath

There was never a doubt in my mind. Yours?

Finally, Guerra went back to mixing in breaking pitches. I don’t know if he lost the feel for his breaking pitch recently, but without it he’s quite ordinary. He can’t get by with his fastball alone. I’m not sure if what he was throwing tonight was a slider, curve or split finger. But whatever it was, it had some nasty downward action. Let’s hope this marks a bounceback for Guerra.

Good point made earlier about obtaining a power bat to allow Gordon some breathing room to get going. And, if patience prevails, and Gordon stays in the lineup, he will break out at some point. And I expect that his defense will also improve. His off the charts range simply needs to be complemented by steadiness on routine plays. He has the talent, and his attitude and work ethic are both good. He just needs time to be allowed to blossom.

I’d like to see Jansen and Guerra used less frequently, lest their arms fall off. I’d also like to see Jamey Wright used more often to see whether or not he’s for real. Elbert has good stuff, but simply hasn’t shown me that he knows how to pitch. MacDougal needs to go, and I mean YESTERDAY. Tonight was a bad night for Lindblom. But it was Coors Field, and every pitcher deserves a pass for an occasional bad day, as long as it doesn’t become a habit. I have my doubts about Coffey, and he could make me think of him the same way I think about MacDougal. I could see giving him some rope, but enough to hang himself if he can’t produce. Belisario might be an alternative, and so might Eovaldi. And certainly, if someone of worth can be obtained, I’m all for it.

With new ownership, we at least have the hope that they will spend, if necessary. Hopefully if they do spend, it will be wisely.

• Ken says:

“We need a multiple-innings guy,” said pitching coach Rick Honeycutt.

Hello. Why is Jamie Wright on the roster if Torre Jr. will not pitch him the night before Kershaw pitches and the next day is a day off? It is offical Mattingly the Moron wants to grow up to be Torre Jr. Who will be the Torre’s Wade and Troncoso this year.

Last night was the perfect night to use Wright for 3 innings.

Is anyone really surprised when overused pitchers give up runs?

Brooklyn, agree with less use of our two key relievers — but Donnie’s problem is — his batting lineup is so weak that the Dodgers have been in most games to the last at bat.

Not many blow-out games either way. If the Dodgers lost a few more games like 8-2 or something. Then it is moping up in the 8th and 9th innings, just to get out of the ballpark.

If the Dodgers could win some games list 10-3, then again, letting others mop up that game.

But as we all feared over the winter — this team does not have balance in the lineup, and too many games come down to the wire.