- The Dodgers keep winning and it’s with pitching and defense as Badger pointed out. If you have pitching and defense, you can win an awful lot. It may look awful at times, but Just Win Baby!
- By the Way – the Dodgers are now in posession of the Best Record in Baseball.
- I have said it before and I will say it again. The divorce and bankruptcy proceedings definitely had an effect on the team the first half of 2011. In the second half of 2011, we saw one of the best teams in baseball. Add Capuano and Harnag to that team (remember Ted Lilly was awesome in September?), a healthy Ethier and Uribe and you have another hot team, even though Gordon has been a flop (so far). The Ellis twins have made a distinct impact – with both being near the top at their positions so far.
- Gordon doesn’t need to go down… yet. Lopes, Wills, Mattingly and others need to get in his grill, build him up, tell him how great he can be and then tell him he is blowing it and needs to sit for a 3 or 4 games to think about it.
- Andre Ethier heats up as Matt Kemp cools down equals status quo (almost). That’s the way it needs to be. I also can’t stress enough that Andre Ethier has changed his attitude from a surly self-absorbed crybaby to a team leader who hustles all the time. That in itself, is a big reason for the Dodgers success. Andre is in a position to lead baseball in RBI!
- Suddenly, Aaron Harang (2-2, 4.46 ERA doesn’t look so bad as a #5 starter). He pitched 8 great innings last night.
- If Tony “Star of the Game” Gwynn, Jr. can keep up his .272 BA and .333 OB% he will be a very nice 4th outfielder.
- How long before Aaron Miles takes Adam Kennedy’s place?
- Prediction: Matt Kemp will have less than 20 steals.
- Todd Coffey is on a short leash – he needs to produce and soon or he will be on the same boat MacDougal is on.
- TJ Simers of The LA Times has a conference call with Dodgers ownership and is seeking questions from fans that they want answered. This should be good. He’s asking questions like these: “Magic has said that he owns more than 3% of the team. Are we talking semantics again? Someone else has said he put nothing in. I’m told he was given a small piece of the team in exchange for being used as the face of the franchise.”
- Jared Massey’s Minor League Report – 5/12/12
- Badger said that I am like that “annoying little brother that just won’t listen to you, but you have to love him because he is family.” Look at the above picture and tell me who looks like the “annoying little brother.” I rest my case. ;) You can click on the photo to enlarge.
I thought it would cool to share a couple of songs I find interesting.
You have to watch AND listen to this one by the Decemberists (great story-telling):
This one is just a good listen (though profound):