I’m sure you know that Ned Colletti was forced to operate with one arm behind his back and could basically sign only “bargain basement” free agents over the past couple of years. Actually, he hasn’t been horrible at it… OK – well, he was pretty horrible at it. But, don’t hold it against him – he had to fill lots of holes with warm bodies and he did the best he could with what little he had. However, there comes a point where fans just get tired of seeing these guys out there all the time. I’m sure that you had Frank McCourt’s name taken off his office. This is kind of like that. Just get rid of the guys that Ned got on the cheap who continue to remind us of Frank. Here’s the list:
- Adam Kennedy
- Juan Uribe
- Todd Coffey
- Matt Treanor (wait until his BA dips to below .200… it will)
- Juan Rivera (he’s probably done for the year anyway)
We really don’t care who you replace them with, although I think you will allow Ned to be busy from now to the trade deadline. Hopefully, it will be sooner than later, but here’s 5 guys you can add:
- Castellanos (when he comes off the DL – which should be very soon)
- Hariston (when he comes of the DL)
That would be just fine with me and the fans could return to the Ravine without having their noses rubbed in McCourt doo-doo.”
Thanks for listening, Stan – I know you are a regular reader… even if you don’t ever comment!
Dodger News & Notes:
- Don’t look now, but the Dodgers #5 starter is 3-2 with a 3.83 ERA.
- How long do the Dodgers ride with Dee Gordon’s 10 Errors, 12 SB. .247 OB%? The rope is growing short.
- Capuano & Harang have been dramatically superior to Hiroki Kuroda just like I predicted.
- I figured out why they keep Todd Coffey on the roster. Here’s the Reason So, he lowers the risk of death. I mean, who knew?
- Orlando Hudson was waived by the Padres to make room for old friend Eric Stults.
- Jared Massey’s Minor League Report – 5-17-12