A good beat-down is (in my opinion) better than a 1-run loss. They both count the same in the standings, and with the beat down, you just wave it off and move on. Next man up! Two out of three from the D-Bags in their park – I’ll take it. Now a day of R & R before 3 against the Astros (Texas’ Triple AAA Team) and 4 against the Brewers to close out May. Ted Lilly now have a 3.14 ERA – that’s
Bright spot of the game last night – Todd Coffey pitching an inning without giving up a run.
- Lots of bloggers and real writers are surprised at the Dodgers success. When will people learn that you can’t measure the human spirit with a statistic?
- I was in Milwaukee 10 years ago when Shawn Green rocked the Brewers!
- Matt Guerrier have proven why it is dangerous to sign aging middle-relievers who have pitched lots of innings to big contracts. Bad Neddy!
- Bobby Abreu is below average in LF and horrible in RF!
- Adam Kennedy is almost hitting Todd Coffey’s weight – ALMOST! (.250) He needs to raise it 30 points.
- AJ Ellis is our man, he’s the best catcher in the land! SLG is .513 and he is OPS’ing .963. He has to hit in the middle of the order, unless he can’t continue near that. What a wonderful story. Jon Weisman has always championed AJ Ellis – if he knew this was going to happen, he’s a genius!
- Scott Van Slyke – the train to AAA is nearing the station.
- Maybe a WIFE can get James Loney on track. “You better start hitting because you need a new contract, dude!” On the other hand, maybe that’s what is wrong with him. James sure looks good and he has a sweet swing. The style is great – It’s the substance that is lacking. Get it fixed!