Categorized | Press Releases

DODGERS PLACE JUAN URIBE ON DISABLED LIST

PURCHASE THE CONTRACT OF ELIAN HERRERA FROM ALBUQUERQUE

LOS ANGELES – The Los Angeles Dodgers today placed infielder Juan Uribe on the 15-day disabled list with a left wrist injury and purchased the contract of Elian Herrera from Triple-A Albuquerque. Uribe was hitting .250 with a homer and 10 RBI in 25 games, all at third base.

The switch-hitting Herrera was on fire for the first-place Isotopes, batting .358 (43-for-120) with two homers, nine doubles, 14 RBI and nine stolen bases in 28 games. The native of the Dominican Republic had an on-base percentage of .381 and saw time at shortstop, third base, second base, center and left field. The 27-year-old was hitting .404 against left-handers and was batting at a .409 clip (18-for-44) during the month of May. Herrera, who will wear No. 37, was originally signed by the Dodgers as a non-drafted free agent on May 14, 2003. He is expected to arrive prior to the start of the game tonight.

To make room for Herrera on the 40-man roster, the Dodgers designated outfielder Trent Oeltjen for assignment.

19 Responses to “DODGERS PLACE JUAN URIBE ON DISABLED LIST”

Uribe has been playing like he is disabled since he got here. No great loss if you ask me.

Come on Herrera. Do some Eliansanity type action for us. Maybe the Dodger juju continues and this career minor leaguer forces Mattingly to keep him. I am rootin’ for the middle aged kid.

Shoot, he\’s as old as you, Badger.

Elian-sanity? HAHAHA That is great!!

Keep on Rolling with Kershaw tonight…………

I got a baseball glove older than Elian. Why do I want to pronounce that Elaine? I keep seeing Dustin Hoffman screaming that name and pounding on the church glass in The Graduate.

I am old aren’t I.

Got the Lakers and the Dodgers tonight. It’s a couch potato’s dream. Got some St. Pauli Girl NA’s chilling, the wife has a goat cheese zucchini tart in the oven…. life is good in the Arizona.

Platoon Platoon Platoon

Comparing the 2002 Dodgers to the 1950 Yankees

Position Starters Average OPS +
    LAD 117 NYY 113

Starting Pitchers Average ERA+
    LAD 137 NYY 118

Bullpen Average ERA+
    LAD 108 NYY 80

The Dodgers need a better bench and then they might win the WS!

7. D0dgerGur1 says:

Uribe has been very impressive the last few games. At first he was very disappointing but lately he’s been changing my mind. It’s pretty sad that he’s on the disabled list, but the rest of the team has got this series in the bag already. (:

Just saw the Mark Ellis I am worried about. With a runner in scoring position, he takes strike three on a fastball right down the middle. If you aren’t ready for that pitch, you are not ready for that at bat.

Thanks Mike. Been clean and sober for a decade now. Feels good. I never really drank that much. But….. there were other things I did to excess.

Lakers look tired.

Hadn’t noticed Uribe being good. 6 for his last 29. I don’t think that’s good. Good for him maybe.

I agree Ken. The Dodgers do need a better bench. Where they gonna get it?

• Bobby says:

Actually I noticed the same thing DodgerGurl1 did.

Uribe may be only 6-29 (good by his standards), but some of the balls were hit harder.

Either way, I wish Hairston was healthy :(

• Ken says:

In June

Abreu/Van Slyke
      Gwynn
      Hairston
      Sellers
      Treanor

In July
      Add 2 players

9. Reggie says:

I drink the MGD Light – it is almost NA!

10. Bball says:

Little over 24,000. That’s horrible I guess cause the lakers are on but still I haven’t heard a number like that in a while.

11. Bball says:

Just seen the laker score. Haven’t seen a number like that in a while either

12. Leroy says:

Badger,

If you’re looking for the best NA, I recommend a brand called “Clausthaler.” It’s brewed in accordance to the German Purity Law, and I swear (the amber) tastes like real beer. You can find it at any BevMo.

I first tried Clausthauler at a local restaurant and you are right Leroy – it’s very good. Hard to find in Sedona. Lots of things hard to find in Sedona, but ‘cept Red Rocks. These St. Pauli Girl’s were brought over by a friend (to watch a Dbacks game). I also have some Becks in the downstairs reefer. Good choices all.

Lakers looked like a junior varsity club. Put that one away and forget about it Bball.

I also noticed the empty seats. I wonder what the people of L.A. are thinking. Waiting to see what the new owner is going to do? Still shell shocked over McCourt – and they know the cockroach is still lingering? There should be 40,000 there every night. This is a club that is worth watching. At least for now it is. Things are going right for them. I hope it continues until July the 31th.

Losing Hairston hurts. He is the solid veteran back-up this club needs. But at 36 (soon) how much was expected? fangraphs generously predicted about .270 with a positive WAR, with as many as 350 at bats. He was THE bench guy the Dodgers were counting on. How long will he be out? I think I read three weeks, but, I think I would give him a month. He is an older guy with a lot of miles on him.

Nice catch by Sellers last night. Sure wish he could hit better. All glove no stick.

14. Mike Dixon says:

I quit drinking alcohol for lent this year, but felt so much better that I still haven’t had a drop….Buckler has been my favorite so far…I love picking up a 6-pack after a hard day’s work and drinking one on the drive back home…

And they came to their senses and put Kemp on the DL.

Just looked at the schedule – 13 games, 6 against the division. If the Dodgers can just split those……. win 6 1/2 of them….. they should be fine.

Sands? Ok buddy. Second chance to make a good impression this year. Go for it. You do well, and you could stick. Or, more likely, be used in a trade to send us a real Major League bat.

Gwynn looks good in center. Wish he could hit better. Maybe he will in Kemp’s absence. Doesn’t have to have a career year, just a career month would be great.