Train Kept A Rollin’ With the MVP Driving It

You can only hope to slow them down.  You cannot expect to stop this runaway train that is the Dodgers, led by the MVP of all of baseball – Matt Kemp!  Sheer joy is what Matt Kemp exudes and it rubs off on his teammates.

What can you say except that he’s the best player in baseball – Hands Down!

Kempmania may surpass Mannymania soon!

• Good, actually “Very Good” Chad Billinsgsely showed up last night.  This is a very good thing.  Barbara Billingsley has left the building.
  • Ned may have made some bone head moves, but Jerry Hariston, Jr. wasn’t one.  He’s a perfect “stuntman.”
  • OK, I’ll admit it:  I was wrong about AJ Ellis.  I always saw him as a backup catcher, not an everyday guy, but time and again, with his walks and clutch hits, he has convinced me otherwise.
  • Adam Kennedy just needs to retire.  Make him a coach or something already.
  • David Wright is still the Dodgers best option at 3B – the only question is “at what cost?”
  • Scott Elbert needs to get some work in at AAA – he’s just not right.  Call Antonini back up.
  • Javy Guerra slipped again.  Donnie needs to use him in a few low pressure situations for a while.
  • Now, the Dodgers need to have Good Chris to show up today.

16 Responses to “Train Kept A Rollin’ With the MVP Driving It”

Mark is perfect on Sunday. Who knew?

Just let Eovaldi relieve Capuano today and finish the game so that the bullpen will get a rest. No more Torre Jr. please.

Regarding relief pitchers.
    Fake injuries and go to the DL.
    Use options to go to the AAA.
    DFA with slander so other teams don’t sign the relievers.
    Trade 2 for 1 outside the division.

Sign Abreu and tell Kennedy to go home. Abreu has got to be better than the last 2 left handed pinch hitting Angel busts that Ned signed.

2. Anonymous says:

It looks like Guerra hasn’t lost any velocity, he just isn’t hitting his spots and keeps missing up and back over the plate…..not a good combo.
    I agree Kennedy is killing us. We desperately need somebody that has some power on the bench to pinch hit.

3. Corey says:

sorry that was me (Corey) above not logged in

Dodger offense (prior to last night’s game)

Top 3 hitters hit well from both sides of the plate
    Player Left Right
    Kemp .593 .360
    Hairston .294 .286
    Ethier .290 .280

Next 2 hitters are right handed & hit better against the Right handed pitchers
    Player Left Right
    Uribe, .111 .361
    Ellis, AJ .250 .300

All of the rest of the hitters are severe platoon candidates
    Player Left Right
    Rivera .381 .189
    Ellis (M).417 .178
    Gwynn .125 .318
    Gordon .120 .250
    Loney .125 .261
    Sellers .250 .00
    Treanor .111 .000
    Kennedy .000 .067

These last 8 players should be spending a lot of time working on their hitting while they are being platooned

I can see a new record in baseball this season. I do not know that the present one is —

Striking out and making it to first base on a passed ball or wild pitch on that strike out . . .

Dee Gordon has several I believe.

He can swing at strike three with balls in the dirt, almost in the dirt, at his feet, etc., the ball gets pass the catcher, and with his speed — he is safe at first.

Dee has the chance to set an all time high here.

Good lord, Mark, I agree with everything you wrote!!!

Kemp’s HR didnt amaze me. Bryce Harper’s talent didnt amaze me (but dude has sick all around game!)

What amazed me was to see Loney pull a 100mph fastball from Strasburg, and a 101mph fastball from that 9th inning reliever into right field with hard hit balls!! Where on God’s good green earth did that come from?!!

7. Mike Dixon says:

Still begging for David Wright huh….I’m happy with this group…Uribe with a clutch double yesterday….plus I want to keep our prospects..there aren’t many but the few we do have I want to keep….

8. jeff says:

Bill Shaikin floats the idea of trading with Boston for Carl Crawford if he’s healthy and Boston picks up a good portion of his salary for a couple of decent prospects. I don’t think the Mets are going to trade Wright unless they are totally overwhelemed too much backlash from the fans. Still think Headley is abetter option than Wright although I would love to see Wright in Dodger Blue.

I would not mind picking up Abreu and dropping Kennedy. Abreu and Rivera might be adecent platoon option plus Abreu looks like a better pinch hitting option than Kennedy.

• Bobby says:

yeah, I saw that Crawford idea. I was really pro signing him last year (granted not to that kind of deal nor did I expect him to be hurt)

But an outfield of Ethier Kemp Crawford is gold glove everywhere and he would be absolutely deadly between Gordon and Kemp.

It would be a big time move by the new ownership.

9. RogerCraig says:

The problem with Abreu is that he cannot play the field. He really can’t.

10. Bball says:

I no the dodgers are not the best team in baseball but seriously who is better in the national league. The whole league is not super stronge I see the dodgers as the best team in the national league. I’m proud of this team. Keep it going blue crew.

I for one believe the Dodger Coaching staff is doing a wonderful job this year. Donny Baseball is relating well with all the players and he’s mixing up the lineups pretty well keeping everyone involved. He’s got Kemp and Ethier believing that this is their team. Go Blue

Why is not Ned talking with Vald Guerrero like the D-Backs are??? If he can still hit the ball, might be a nice pinch-hitter for the Dodgers. Better than Kennedy.

I have no idea who’s available on the trade market, and I don’t even want to speculate. I’m just hopeful that new ownership will be ready and willing to spend if good opportunities present themselves. Under the McCourt regime that wasn’t possible. Maybe it is now.

Looking forward to the change in ownership tomorrow, and then I’ll just hold my breath and hope it leads to better times.

14. Tede51 says:

Scott Elbert doesn’t have anymore options. They can’t send him down without putting him on waivers and for sure someone will pick him up.

15. el_che says:

anyone kno when the lower levels of minors begn azl n dl