There’s No Magic in Opening Day

The Magic man has a previous engagement.  Don’t forget, the Dodgers may not be his full-time job.

I am still bothered that this new ownership group allegedly offered one-half BILLION more for the Dodgers than the next group and now they want to keep the terms of the land deal sealed.  It appears that Frank McCourt owns half of the land  and they want to keep the terms quiet for a while.  Why?  And, why do you pay a half billion more than you need to?  Frank had to sell.  He had no choice.  This deal still doesn’t make sense.

But, I shall wait and see.

Jared Massey’s Minor League Report 4-9-12

Nacho’s Video is Here:

15 Responses to “There’s No Magic in Opening Day”

1. Bball says:

Ya kinda bummed about the magic not being there thing. I’m going and can’t wait and as long as vin is there I’m a happy guy.

2. Nacho says:

Need a ride to the game. Go Dodgers!

Week One – You Suck Report

14 out of 25. Wow, how can they be 3-1?

Loney .000 in 12 ABs
    Gwynn .000
    Kennedy .000
    Sellers .000
    Treanor .000
    Uribe .083
    Ellis, Mark .200

Coffey 18.00
    Elbert 13.50
    Capuano 7.71
    Wright 6.75
    Harang 6.23
    Jensen 6.00

Ozzie Guillen Sucks even more! He should were suspenders for the rest of the year to remind him to keep his pie hole closed or he might get fired.

The contract extension for Santana does not suck for him, but as a reminder it does for us.

I\’m still not sure Santana can catch, but he sure can hit.

5. Bball says:

No scully either. My heart just sank

6. AnewBlueDay says:

This might happen a lot this season. Jansen getting wins in relief.

With the weak hitting line-up on this roster — I would be a bit worried if I were a starting pitcher.

Clayton could not have done much more . . . but the hitters did not support him for a win.

Let’s not forget that the pitcher on the mound for the Pirates was an All-Star last year. He’s not great, but he ain’t bad… and he pitched pretty good yesterday.

A surprising stat that I just saw. The Dodgers are ranked 9th overall in baseball on Fox’s MSN Sports. Are you kidding me. Ahead of the Phillies which were 10th. Someone is on drugs……..

9. Jae says:

The Phillies are in for a big fall, and I don’t mean FALL.

I don’t think that Dee Gordon has even got started yet. I expect the average to be at or about .300, and it’s looking to me that he’s become more patient at the plate than he was a year ago. And although he hasn’t been all that successful laying down bunt hits yet, it looks to me that his technique has improved over what I saw last year, and that it’s just a matter of time before we see him getting on base with regularity.

It’s nice to see Mark Ellis giving himself up, and moving Dee along into scoring position. But with Kemp and Ethier following, I’d like to see instances of Ellis following with a hit, giving both Kemp and Ethier big RBI opportunities. I think this team is capable of playing for bigger innings rather than settling for a single run.

Before this year is out we should also begin to see some changes. Jerry Sands could easily come back and replace Rivera, or even Loney, if the latter doesn’t begin to pick it up. And I expect that new ownership will enable the Dodgers to add on a contract or two between now and the trade deadline. Hopefully a replacement for Uribe will be in the offing. I really find it hard to stomach Uribe’s ridiculous approach at the plate. For example, when the Dodgers were down by several runs to the Padres in Sunday’s loss, Uribe stepped to the plate in the 9th inning, and was swinging for the fences when the Dodgers needed baserunners, not a solo homer.

If the Dodgers is not Magic’s full time job (although he has said he will have a full time office and spend the majority of his tiime there) would it be a big deal? Stan Kasten is running the show and will be there full time. Stan is ….the Man so to speak. His actions will tell us weather we in good hands going forward. Let’s not forget Magic isn’t even listed in the structure of the franchise. He is a “minority investor”.

He is there for PR and to be a face of the new fan friendly Dodger Franchise. Magic has been very good to this community and I believe will continue to do so. Let’s not freak out over what he is doing or not doing before he or his group actually own the team!

• Mike Dixon says:

DRomo right on the money….could not have said it better myself…..some people just love to complain I guess….thought it was a women’s gene…..

1. [...] rest of the article can be found here: LADodgerTalk.com – Matt Kemp, Clayton Kershaw, Vin Scully, Andre Ethier and the Dodgers This entry was posted in LA Dodgers News by Dugout Online Editor. Bookmark the [...]