What I mean by that is that the Offensive Stars in each of the three games this season have been different. Opening day it was Matt Kemp. In game two it was the former Mr. Softee, Andre Ethier, and last night it was AJ and the kid (Dee Gordon). Chris Capuano looked like a 20 game winner for 4+ innings and then looked like he should be in Low-A ball at the end. Hopefully, that is an ‘early-season” thing that won’t plague him again. Until he walked everyone in the stadium he looked like a solid addition to the rotation. The real Chris Capuano is more like the one you saw the first 4+ innings, not the human walk machine you saw at the end.
Momentum is real- one only has to see Capuano lose the ability to hit the plate and it just carried over to the rest of the pitchers: Wright and Elbert caught the disease too. Momentum works the same in the other direction too and the Dodgers recovered to continue their winning ways. Todd Coffey even looked good.
- You have to love Vin Scully and what he said to TJ Simers: “I love it when I come across something; I’d cut it out of your column if you ever had a good story.” TJ Simers of the LA Times writes a “feel good article” about Vin. TJ is very good, especially when he uses his writing prowess for good.
- The Dodgers used 8 pitchers yesterday, so they will need 6 or 7 strong innings by Aaron Harang today. He pitched pretty good in this park last year, so let’s hope it continues.
- Juan Uribe has 4 strikeouts in 8 at-bats. What amazes me is that he has made contact at all. How the heck did he hit the other four pitches?
- I think you are seeing how Mattingly is going to use his subs. 3B, LF and 1B are going to be areas of flux. If a player gets hot – he might see more time. At this juncture, the manager sees Loney as a platoon player, It’s up to James if he wants to change that.
- According to Ken Gurnick of Dodgers.com, the Dodger coaches have corrected a flaw in Kenley Jansen’s delivery which should help him become the pitcher he was last season. Let’s hope so.
- I know most of you loved the minor league reports by Jared Massey, so I will post Jared Massey’s report each day for you to read. Here it is today: http://dodgers.scout.com/2/1175326.html The days before is here: http://dodgers.scout.com/2/1175131.html
- Jared’s April 5th Summary is here: http://dodgers.scout.com/2/1174864.html
- In the future, I am going to add a link at the top of the page so that you can go right to Jared’s Summaries. I wonder if Jared remembers us little people now that he’s a star?