I had hopes that the Dodgers would sweep the Padres, but it was not to be. It’s way to early to form many opinions, but here’s what I think I know:
- Matt Kemp is still MVP Material
- Dee Gordon is a game-changer
- Mark Ellis is a nice addition
- AJ Ellis will be solid behind the plate
- Clayton Kershaw is a horse
Beyond, that I have reserved judgement, even upon Chad Billingsley, who was tantalizingly good in his first start. I do lean to the side that feels Juan Uribe should playing in a beer league.
It’s the Home Opener tomorrow and Clayton can hopefully finish what he starts.