Last night, James Loney seems to get going a little as he went 2-4. It’s a start, and all the Dodgers need from him is a typical year. Anything else is icing on the cake. Ted Lilly pitched very well and seemed to take up where he left off last year. In case you forget, last August, Ted Lilly had a 2.35 ERA and followed that up with a 1.76 ERA in September. If he can continue that, all I can say is WOW!
Matt Kemp continues to play like a man-possessed. He is playing like someone who juiced beat him out of the MVP last year. He is playing like someone who will hit 50 HR this year.
Todd Coffey on the DL? Yeah, that’s the ticket. There was no way the Dodgers could send Lindblom down.
Scott Elbert looks very uncomfortable. I have worries about him as well as Coffey and Wright. The good news is that Eovaldi, Tolleson, Patterson and Miller are at the ready.
MINOR LEAGUE NEWS
- Tim Fedrowicz is also playing like a man possessed. I think Mr. Misty May should be looking over his shoulder.
- Admittedly, Alex Castellanos is a defensive “work-in-progress” at 2B, but is ops’ing 1.115 at Albuquerque. No HR’s but he spraying line drives all over the park. I believe this guy is going to be a solid major league hitter.
- Scott Van Slyke is knocking at the door. It’s been well-chronicled that he didn’t take the game seriously until last year. Late-bloomer? More like a late take-it seriously guy.
- If you forgot about Aaron Miller last season (injuries), I would suggest you re-remember him. He has 13 K’s in 7.2 innings this season to go with 1.17 ERA. It’s early, but this guy is a real pitcher… if he can stay healthy. I could see him as a LH specialist this season if Scott Elbert can’t get it together.
- Zach Lee is off to a good start at Rancho Cucamonga. 1.80 ERA. He won’t be there long. Next stop: Chattanooga.
- Jared Massey’s Minor League Report – April 14, 2012