A True Number Two

Chad Billingsley has pitched like a true #2 starter, and after 2 games he now sports an 0.63 ERA.  What is more telling is that he threw 77 pitches, 55 of which were strikes, and he walked no batters.  If he keeps this up, the Dodgers could have a magical season.  Now, the national sports writers and commentators are jumping on the Dodger bandwagon and saying “I suspected that the Dodgers might be a darkhorse.” Yeah, sure you did!

Get on this Dodger Bandwagon – the one I have been driving.  The Negative Nellies are speechless!

The Dodgers are 5-1 and in first place.  This years team is different than last season’s team.  They can manufacture runs, the defense is improved and so is the attitude.  Now, if we can just get the fans to return….

It was cold last night, so with the threat of rain, I guess that explains why the stadium was half full, but the fans need to get out to the Ravine and support these guys.

DODGER NOTES:

• Someone asked about Joc Pederson yesterday.  He is on the roster of the Ogden Raptors and they do not play until the end of June.  I’ll try and find out why he’s there – he should have been at Great Lakes.
  • The Dodgers are 4th in the NL with a 2.78 ERA (the Pirates are 1st with a 2.05 ERA).
  • The Dodger also lead the NL in Fielding and are 7th in hitting (.240) – the hitting will improve.
  • The middle of the order (Kemp, Ethier and Rivera) had 8 of the Dodgers 12 hits last night.  That’s something the team was missing last year.
  • Everyone things that Josh Lindblom will be sent down to make room for Ted Lilly.  If the team is smart, they will keep Lindblom and send Sellers down or DL Hariston, Jr.  The Dodgers need Lindblom in the pen.
  • I wonder what this means for Logan White and De Jon Watson:  http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120330&content_id=27759848&vkey=news_la&c_id=la

JARED MASSEY’S MINOR LEAGUE REPORT

13 Responses to “A True Number Two”

1. TRUEBLUE says:

WHEN IS LILLY EXPECTED BACK???

I see Ethan Martin is at it again!

When will he be moving to 3b?

3. Bluenose Dodger says:

This info is over a week old. Both Pederson and Dickson will go the Loons when healthy.

O’Koyea Dickson – A hand injury suffered in spring training has kept him from starting the season in LoA

Joc Pederson – Minor groin injury is keeping him in spring training for now

Patting myself on the back again – Bills is the key to the season, as I said 3 months ago.

Clayton and Bills and Take some Pills”.

First we’ll see Clayton
    Then we’ll see Bills
    Then an off day
    Then take some new Pills
    Back will come Clayton
    and followed
    unfortunately
    by needing more Prozac Pills.

5. the truth hurts says:

Whoa whoa whoa, love it guys but let’s start playing some decent teams before we go all world series here……

• Mike Dixon says:

Agree..Great seeing the Dodgers start 5-1 but season is barely a week old…High fiving each other and saying I told you so’s after beating the Pads and the Bucs….lol….

6. Bob says:

Joc Pedersen at Ogden? Yikes! He should be at Rancho let alone Great Lakes.

The fans will return once the proceeds aren’t going into the pocket of Frank.

8. Joe says:

I loved to have a lefty – righty 1-2 punch so hopefully Bills can find some consistency going forward.

Yes Ken, we will give you credit for your Bills prediction. However,
    It’s Clayton and Chad with the rest kinda bad. We don’t need no stinking pills. I’m personally hoping that Lily stays out a little longer. Not a Lily fan. I am also hoping that Capuano can win me over tonight. The jury is still out on him.

I just can’t figure out what happened to Loney’s stroke? Wasn’t he a .300 hitter a few years ago? If we had some corner infielders, we would be a very good team.

Speaking of crap. I watched MLB Network the last few days and have gotten the privilege of seeing Broxton close out a few games. God I am glad he’s wearing Royal Blue and not Dodger Blue. I wonder if people are going to blame his current issue’s on Joe Torre? Well he got 2 saves but they were the ugly kinda saves. Go Blue

10. Reggie says:

Broxton will be done by the end of the season.

11. Buck Dodgers says: