Chad Billingsley has pitched like a true #2 starter, and after 2 games he now sports an 0.63 ERA. What is more telling is that he threw 77 pitches, 55 of which were strikes, and he walked no batters. If he keeps this up, the Dodgers could have a magical season. Now, the national sports writers and commentators are jumping on the Dodger bandwagon and saying “I suspected that the Dodgers might be a darkhorse.” Yeah, sure you did!
Get on this Dodger Bandwagon – the one I have been driving. The Negative Nellies are speechless!
The Dodgers are 5-1 and in first place. This years team is different than last season’s team. They can manufacture runs, the defense is improved and so is the attitude. Now, if we can just get the fans to return….
It was cold last night, so with the threat of rain, I guess that explains why the stadium was half full, but the fans need to get out to the Ravine and support these guys.
- Someone asked about Joc Pederson yesterday. He is on the roster of the Ogden Raptors and they do not play until the end of June. I’ll try and find out why he’s there – he should have been at Great Lakes.
- The Dodgers are 4th in the NL with a 2.78 ERA (the Pirates are 1st with a 2.05 ERA).
- The Dodger also lead the NL in Fielding and are 7th in hitting (.240) – the hitting will improve.
- The middle of the order (Kemp, Ethier and Rivera) had 8 of the Dodgers 12 hits last night. That’s something the team was missing last year.
- Everyone things that Josh Lindblom will be sent down to make room for Ted Lilly. If the team is smart, they will keep Lindblom and send Sellers down or DL Hariston, Jr. The Dodgers need Lindblom in the pen.
- I wonder what this means for Logan White and De Jon Watson: http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120330&content_id=27759848&vkey=news_la&c_id=la