Posted on 04 March 2012.
- This year is going to be the first year in a long, long time that I am not going to be able to make it to spring training. It’s not because I am any less enthusiastic about the Dodgers, but just because there is not enough hours in the month. My business is growing very rapidly (this is the second year in a row that sales have doubled) and growth is important to manage. I have to go to Las Vegas next week for a convention and then the last week of the month our entire family is having our annual vacation at Myrtle Beach, SC. We have a 6 bedroom condo that we rent right on the beach and we have a 10 day period where our kids from all over the country come and go. I’m looking forward to it, but am sad I won’t be at Camelback. Carry on without me. This is a trek I really enjoy, but I just can’t swing it this year.
- I think we will have a better idea of who the new Dodger owner(s) will be within the next ten days. It shall prove to be interesting.
- Keep your eye on Chris Capuano: This year he should be fully recovered from his arm surgery and after being on the shelf for over two years. This is his second full year after the surgery and he should be stronger and better. In his best year in Milwaukee he was 18-12 with a 3.99 ERA. I look for 220 innings and the same or better this year. He’s a lefty and a smart guy (Dukie) – I think you will be surprised at what he does.
- Adam Kennedy – I have a sneaking feeling that he will do extremely well this year in about 250-300 AB’s. Call me crazy! Adam Kennedy Fever – Catch It!
- I can’t see a scenario where Ned will be fired during the season unless the Dodgers really tank. What happens after the season will be determined by what happens during the season. I can see a strong likelihood that Ned keeps his job. Don’t shoot the messenger!
- Too bad about Alfredio Silverio’s car carsh and injuries. Hope he rebounds soon.
- The rod they had to put in Angelo Songco’s leg can’t be a good thing…
- This is the year for Chad Billingsley to step up his game. I understand they are re-making his delivery. Dangerous, but probably necessary.
- Play ball tomorrow – sort of! We’ll see how Chad is doing with his new giddyup.