30 Wins For Kershaw!

That headline is not a question – it’s a prediction!

You might ask “Are you saying that Clayton Kershaw will win 30 games?”

Yes!  Yes, I am!

There was a Sandy Koufax sighting at Camelback Ranch today, and he even talked to the reporters for a few minutes.  There are  a few quotes you can read from the beat writers, but one in particular about Clayton Kershaw struck me.

Dylan Hernandez of The LA Times reported that when asked about comparison between him and Clayton Kershaw, Sandy Koufax said this:

“If he’s as good as I think he’s going to be, I’m honored.”

That is Classic Koufax who is arguably one of the best pitchers of all time, and he says that he’s honored to be compare to Kershaw?

WOW!

KNOW THIS:  Sandy Koufax is not given to hyperbole!

We all know that Kershaw is special.  We know that he is one of the best pitchers in baseball.  After the Cy Young last year what does he do for an encore?

30!  That’s the ticket!

7 Responses to “30 Wins For Kershaw!”

Mark, the last time there was a 30 game winner in the Majors you were learning to drive, had hair on your head and pitchers threw 300 inninga a year and completed 20 or more games. Sandy Koufax is, a humble man, never one to draw the limelight on himself or on his accomplishments.
    His statement says that he thinks Clayton is special and knows that his only limitations are his health and his mind.
    I don’t think that anyone should take from it Sandys’ inference that he is the lesser of the two or that since Sandy won 27 one season that interpets to Clayton puting up a 30 spot.
    Love your enthusiastic view and certainly possible but in all reality highly unlikely[especially with offensive juggernaut the Dodgers are]

Not that Clayton can’t or won’t pitch well enough to win 30, but our offense, our division, and the NL way of baseball will result in many no decisions and/or losses despite a great starting pitcher’s effort.

He could have a 2.20 ERA, he could strike out 250, but wins are a result of more than just a pitcher’s performance that day.

Hell, Lincecum last year lost 4 games 2-1 and another 2 games 1-0!!!

3. AnewBlueDay says:

Mark, I hope you are on to something. Because if Clayton wins 30 games himself, that means the Dodgers will win at least 45 games for the season. And add a little luck, make that 50 games for the season.

4. Mike Dixon says:

I know Mark is just trying to spark a debate on his vanilla website but even he knows Kershaw will win nowhere near 30…..not with this offense…..

• Jae says:

Vanilla? Was that a compliment or a slam?

At least Mark is not afraid to take a stand instead of some who just like to criticize others who do.

Maybe you need to learn to read a little better. I read what he wrote and I don’t see anywhere that he said Kershaw would win 30 this year.

• Mike Dixon says:

30 Wins For Kershaw!
        You might ask “Are you saying that Clayton Kershaw will win 30 games?”
        Yes! Yes, I am!

I’d think twice about criticizing somebody else’s reading skills next time….

• Mark_Timmons says:

Well, Jae has it right. It could happen this year, but I didn\’t say that. That would be reaching a conclusion that is not supported by the facts, but nevertheless a conclusion you might believe to be true.

I will post more about this today.