What Part of the Horse is He?

This is the third of a three-part series bashing Andre Ethier.

Andre Ethier doesn’t like reporters.  You all know that.  Ray Charles can see that.  I know that.  I also have seen the disgust he displays towards them.  If you don’t already know, I don’t like fish hacks either, but Dylan Hernandez, Ken Gurnick and Tony Jackson are of a different ilk than TJ Simers and Bill Plaschke or Steve Dilbeck.

Dylan, Ken and Tony have no ax to grind with Andre, but he has always treated them like crap.  Andre knows that he makes $10 million a year and they make squat, so why should he treat them like anything but what they are (that’s how he thinks)?  Which brings up a question:  Does it make any difference how you treat people and what does it mean if you treat them badly?

Jesus said that “if you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.”  Maybe you don’t believe that.  OK, The Koran declares that making the earth a better place is every human’s job in this world and criticizes humans for their selfishness, which causes them to lose sight of their Creator, and if you don’t believe that, just skip this post.

The point is, why treat someone who is trying to do a job poorly?  Now I am distinguishing Jackson, Hernandez and Gurnick from the shock journalists like Simers, Plaschke and Dilbeck.  The former report the news – the later twist the news to their own agendas.  I can understand Andre being rude to Simers.  Shoot, I might even endorse it!  (For the record, TJ is a charming guy and his articles are just his persona, but I get it that ballplayers could grow weary of him).

If Jackson, Hernandez and Gurnick spilled their guts on Ethier, you all would run him out of town on a rail.  They have so much stuff on him that he should always be kind to them.  In fact, he should tip them $500 bucks after every interview.

Andre, what part of the horse are you going to be when you grow up?

10 Responses to “What Part of the Horse is He?”

1. Bball says:

If they no he’s gonna be rude then y do they continue too try to interview him. Seems to me like they’re kinda instigating it. Just leave him alone. I tend to stay away from people I don’t like, they should do the same

2. DodgerDude says:

But just like it is Ethier’s job to play, their job is to report. They don’t prevent him from doing his job. He should at least be civil.

3. Bball says:

Let’s get real. What he said wasn’t that bad. People need to stop being so damn sensitive. Now you gonna say I can’t spank my kids when there out of line. This world is so woosafied these days

4. Bball says:

You no these reporters probably like his reactions cause it gives them a story. What else were they gonna talk about how Aaron harang just loves to be a dodger… Um ya

5. Jae says:

Andre starts with an A and that’s fitting because he is an ASS. None of the other players do that. Quit making excuses for the punk!

6. bill johns says:

I have no problem with your conclusions, but I sure don’t like the way you make them known. I detest the lack of civility that is rampant on the internet.

7. RogerCraig says:

I think Mark calls it the way he see’s it. Andre’s manager calls him intense and says he gives up 100 at-bats a year because of his attitude. He treats writers horribly (maybe that’s not so bad) and often acts immature. I guess Mark could be politically correct and say the guy is intense, or just tell the truth and call Andre what he appears to be – an immature A-hole.

I am slowly coming around to the opinion of you guys. I like Andre on our team but it is obvious he doesn’t want to stay and even if he does he will have to be coddled.

I love the intensity. I love a guy that gets pissed off when he fails. I don’t want our team to win the sportsmanship award I want to win! But with all that said I feel Andre’s performance is not outshining his behavior. That is the key everywhere in life, especially sports. Terrell Owens was tolerable where ever he landed as long as his performance spoke louder than his behavior. Same can be said for Manny Ramirez.

My point is, it is put up or shut up time for Andre. You want to get paid? Earn it! I can put up with an “intense” guy as long as we see 30HR & 100 RBI. Andre is capable of this. Paul Oneil was an intense guy & a good teammate. Andre should pattern himself in that mold.

P.S.
    I had an opportunity to meet Andre last year. Although he has been one of my favorite Dodgers since he came up. I left the meeting thinking he was kind of a jerk, kind of arrogant. I wanted to believe I had higher hopes for a happy go lucky guy & thats all it was. But the more we learn about his attitude, the more I think that he is just a jerk. He did pose for pictures and sign a ball for my friends baby. But the man had no interest in engaging the fans. Oh well.

I agree with Romo it’s put up or shut up time. I must know where Mark come’s up with these photo’s.

“I must know where Mark come’s up with these photo’s.”

Be careful what you wish for BRuss! LOL