The New Dodgers Owner Will Be…

Steve Cohen!

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.  The selling price will be $2.1 Billion, including the land.

McCourt will be gone and Cohen will be in.  He will be a hands-off owner and Arn Tellem will be the President.

Fox or Time Warner will throw in a few hundred million and the deal will be done!

Will he be better than McCourt?  Probably, but I have no clue….

11 Responses to “The New Dodgers Owner Will Be…”

1. Gonzo says:

I think Magic’s team will win with a late assist from the good Dr. I too believe that EVERYTHING will be sold for 2-2.1 billion.

2. Mike Dixon says:

$2.1?….not even close….even if the new owner makes $100 mil a year off the Dodgers it will take 21 years to make his money back….not a wise investment…these guys are not billionaires by being dumb…..I’d say it will be closer to $1.5 and that is still a ridiculous number….

3. bluetrain says:

The television rights alone figure out to be worth 4 billion over twenty years….

4. RogerCraig says:

I have already heard that two of the groups will offer $2 billion if the land is included.

Why Cohen? MArk usually has a thought process behind his predictions. Even if he is guessing.

I have no clue. But I do hope the land is included. Also whom ever is the new owner should develop the parking lot. Build the park outside the stadium w/ a Dodger museum. Buid the restaurants. Make it a year round destination. That is the one great idea Frank had. Make the stadium state of the art again (Top Deck to the Pavillions to the Dugout Club). At least in public McCourt said these were his goals. When he is gone I hope we get someone with the means to make these ideas true!

6. Gonzo says:

Mr. Dixon, the rule of thumb when owning a sports franchise is not to make money, but to have it as hobby….something to brag about to their other billionaire buddies. No owner in pro sports is in it to make money.

7. Gonzo says:

Sort of like buying a brand new ferrari and not being able to afford the full coverage insurance.

8. Jae says:

Well, I know one thing-Cohen made $1 Billion last year. I said 1 Billion!

Which team does Cohen really want?

Comparing the Mets and Dodgers

• Mark_Timmons says:

Yeah, I read that. The Mets are really in bad shape, probably worse than the Dodgers ever were and Cohen could buy them for a lot less, but (1) they aren\’t for sale now; and (2) the ceiling is a lot lower.

I think he can afford it and others who have money will gravitate towards him. MLB could decide not to approve him, however.

10. bluetrain says:

unlikely that Cohen doesnt get the approval to buy the LAD, after all, MLB already approved him as a owner of the Mets, albeit a minority partner