- They are dropping like flies: First, it was Peter O’Malley and now it is Joe Torre and Rick Caruso, who are now also out of the bidding for the Dodgers. It’s clear to me that McCourt is going to maximize what he can get for the Dodgers. Long ago, I predicted he would get $1.5 Billion. Now it appears that it will be closer to $2 Billion. I still predict that the successful bidder to own the Dodgers will also acquire the parking lots.
- Now I know why Hiroki Kuroda turned down the trade to the Red Sox last year: He was a Yankee at heart. In fact, he took $3 million less to sign with the Bronx Bombers over the D-Backs. I guess that’s OK. I just knew there was something else…
- Back on December 11th, I wrote this:
It seems that Mr. Jack O’Connell, the secretary-treasurer and award administrator of the Baseball Writers Association of America says that the BBWAA will not strip Ryan Braun of the MVP award, in part because ”We did not strip Alex Rodriguez of the 2003 MVP when it was learned later he used PEDs while in Texas. The voters used the information they had at the time of the election. I don’t see how we can change that.”
Oh, so using that rationale, there should be nor more discussion of enlarging instant replay in baseball, because after all, we never have done it before, you know. No need to change any rules. Raise the mound. Get rid of the DH. Hey, while we are at it, let the baseball writers smoke cigars and drink beer in the press box. Yeah, things shouldn’t change, and if you have always done something the same way, you should always do it that way!
I have one word: DUMBASS!
- Now, it seems that some people (at least one) think I was a dumbass for writing that. I stand by what I wrote. If Ryan Braun was guilty of using PED’s, then I still believe that he should have had his MVP stripped, but now that his appeal has overturned the suspension, it is over. I disagree with the voting, but Ryan Braun is the reigning MVP and the discussion is over. Next….
- I am going to say it one more time (or more): Jerry Sands should start playing at 3B. I have no doubt he can play there and the Dodgers have a problem at 3B. I want to see what Juan Uribe looks like when he reports. If he’s fat as a pig, I would enforce the “fat as a pig like Andruw Jones Clause.”