Posted on 21 February 2012.
- Well the pitchers and catchers reported and we know who the Opening Day Starter is already. Three guesses…
- Jon Weisman writes another excellent summary of the Dodgers Roster possibilities for ESPN/LA who recently fired him. By the way, Jon, ESPN don’t know jack. Your writing defines you, not the schmucks in the suits, and the idiots who criticize you are just that – IDIOTS! You can’t fix IDIOT!
- Billy Beane is a genius? Please…. He just signed Manny – that will lower his IQ a few points.
- The people who insist on focusing on Jeremy Lin’s race are missing what is really happening. The only issue that deals with race is that Jeremy Lin is a member of the human race and the power of his faith and belief in what he wanted to do transcends any race, color or creed. This is a story so much bigger than any racial issue. It about a 5′ 3″ 130 pound high-school freshman who was always the underdog. It’s about a kid who was the weakest player ever at Harvard (which ain’t exactly known for producing Mr. Americas). It’s about a kid who was passed over and over and who sat on the bench, never getting a chance. It’s about a kid who worked his butt off, who hired a shooting coach, who worked out to get stronger, who did agility training, who never lost hope and SAW THE INVISIBLE AND DID THE IMPOSSIBLE. My homeboy, Jason Whitlock (whom I generally really like) was a complete idiot in writing about Jeremy Lin. Jason, Just SHUT UP! What a story… and it ain’t over!
- To those of you who think that the Dodgers are going to have a horrible season, let me remind you that after the All-Star break last year, the Dodgers were one of the TOP 5 teams in baseball. You are remembering the first half. Here’s more reason to believe:
Peter O’Malley is out as a possible owner. I never took his bid seriously… just an attention getter. Over the next few days the contenders will be separated from the pretenders. Stay tuned. I’ll give you my Final Four tomorrow.
- I look for Ethier and Loney to have good seasons this year (that’s not much of a stretch);
- I think Chris Capuano (2-years removed from Tommy John) is primed to have his career year and Aaron Harang will also be an inning-eater and a positive influence upon the rotation
- The Dodgers have lots of good young power arms and the bullpen and starting rotation should dramatically improve.
- A new owner may be able to swing a David Wright trade. Never give up!