The Dodger bullpen just started looking a little rosier (or worse, depending upon your point of view), with the extremely early arrival or Ronald Belisario.
See, some think that is good because he’s just a stud, and some are just as convinced that he’s a bum and can only hurt the Dodgers. I mean, who knows? I know this: You can rarely predict what many bullpen pitchers will do.
- Matt Guerrier had a mediocre year last year but could step back up (or not) in 2012.
- Scott Elbert was very good in 2011. Will he build on that in 2012 or regress?
- Blake Hawksworth was up and down in 2011 – will he be more up than down in 2012?
- Javy Guerra pitched like a closer… but is he?
- Kenley Jansen looks like he could be a real closer - can he?
- Josh Lindblom looked like a solid piece, but can he improve or will he flatten out?
- Mike MacDougal was very good last year – can he keep it up or will he end up back in the minors?
- Does Ramon Troncoso have anything left?
- Can Stephen Fife, Shawn Tolleson, Allen Webster, Zach Lee, Garrett Gould or Michael Antonini make the grade or just fill-in?
- Will Rubby De La Rosa come back?
- Is Josh Wall ready?
OK, here’s the deal: Bullpens are fickle! A guy can have 2.04 ERA on year and a 5.04 the next year and then not play the next year and who knows what he will do in 2012? Yes, that is the Rocket Scientist I call Ronald Belisario!
Here’s the good news: The Dodgers have lots of arms to fill the pen. I think the bullpen will be a strength of the 2012 Dodgers. They will keep running them out there until they get it right.
Stephen Cohen is poised to buy a stake in the NY Mets, so the Dodgers are out right? Not so fast – evidently MLB has approved him, so if he has the highest bid, he is the Dodgers new owner.
Derrick Hall is rumored to be the frontrunner to become the Dodgers President if “certain” groups are successful in owning the Dodgers. Of course he says he’s not interested. What is he expected to say “I’m the President of the Diamondbacks but would leave them flat in a heart beat if the Dodgers came calling.” You know he would bring his buddy, Josh Rawitch back as well! Wouldn’t that be ironic? Derrick Hall and Josh Rawitch are two of the best in the business.
James Loney will not be charged with anything. Me thinks this sounds like some cop who has it in for a black guy. I don’t know, but I’m just sayin’… It doesn’t add up!