- On January 24th I made fun of Josh Macciello and the next day someone called Joshua Macciello posted this on the site:
“Post Dated IOU? that’s funny. Truth is buddy I’m bringing all cash to the table. But you are a funny man.”
- Glad to see that it worked out for you, Josh!
- Someone reminded me that the Padres had the best farm system in the NL. Yeah, that’s what happens when you repeatedly gut your team. You want the Dodgers to trade Kemp, Kershaw, Billingsley, Ethier and others? Because if they do, I think the Dodgers could pretty much be number one. THAT WAS A JOKE!
- Ryan Braun did not get off on a technicality. The test was fundamentally flawed. I disagree with the MVP Voters, but it’s over. He’s clean. End of story! Let him move ahead. His award is not tainted. However, MLB is talking about going to Court…
- I asked Logan White about moving Jerry Sands to 3B last Spring. I will do the same this spring. The Dodgers have an organizational need at that position and with no one on the radar, I think it is worth a shot. You can play 3B with a strong arm and quick reactions. I know Sands has the arm and his athleticism leads me to believe he can react quickly. Why not try it?
- David Wright would be an upgrade over our current 3B (but so would a possessed chicken that lays deviled eggs). However, he’s not going to hit more than 20 HR in LA. He will be available this season and the Dodgers could go after him if the right owner gets in. However, the Dodgers will have to give up a lot to get him… including Zach Lee. The Mets will insist on an Ace-in-waiting. It will probably take a package of Withrow, Van Slyke or Silverio, Tolleson and Lee to get Wright. Are you prepared to pay that? He would be a nice #2 hitter in the Dodgers lineup.
- Ben Reiter of Sports Illustrated has this to say about the 2012 Dodgers:
“The Dodgers appear poised to perhaps launch a surprise bid to contend with the favorites in the NL West, the Diamondbacks and the Giants, due to the core that came together so quickly in last season’s second half.”
- Prediction: Mark Ellis will OPS over .725!
- Maybe as Steve Dilbeck suggested, all the potential investors will drop out of the bidding (be careful of what you wish for) and then Dr. Patrick Soon-Shiong will step in and buy 50% of the team and allow McCourt to run it. The Court will approve it and you will have your boy Frankie back in the drivers’ seat for the foreseeable future. Stranger things have happened.
UPDATE: MLB says that Ryan Braun did offer to give DNA but then later declined. Whether or not that is true, I have no idea. This thing just needs to be over and MLB needs to brush up on their testing procedures. Ryan Braun is MVP – End of Story!
Here’s a funny Jeremy Lin Video. Some will say it is racist because of the Asian accent, but it’s all clean fun and is not hurtful so I think it’s OK. If you are offended, don’t watch. Besides Jeremy Lin doesn’t have an accent and they are making fun of him for being smart!