OK, it’s almost time for pitchers and catchers to report. I’ll make some predictions for the 2012 season. This is from the gut, not from any empirical evidence:
- Fed-Ex will be the Dodgers starting catcher before the season is over.
- Javy Guerra will be supplanted by Kenley Jansen as the Dodgers closer (in fact, I can see a big regression with Guerra… and I hope I am wrong).
- Juan Uribe will be waived because his weight is higher than his batting average.
- James Loney will finally put it together: 20+ HR and a .300 BA.
- Andre Ethier will have a good (not great) season – something like 28 HR/.285 BA
- Matt Kemp will keep on keeping on.
- Chad Billingsley and Clayton Kershaw will be one of the best 1-2 duos in the majors.
- Capuano and Harang will BOTH win more games than Kuroda.
- Ted Lilly will be ineffective and will be waived.
OK, I’ll stop there. Have at it!